2016 US Presidential Elections - who do you side with?

MotaroRIP

Post   » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:37 am

Isn't Hillary objectively racist for all the comments she's made (including super predators) over the years? Isn't she homophobic for opposing marriage equality until it was politically inconvenient to do so?

Or do her half hearted apologies exempt her from accountability?

Let's face it, we had 2 terrible candidates and were screwed from the word go.

I didn't vote, couldn't decide which poison was worst. But let's not pretend that this election was a good vs. evil affair because it wasn't.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:47 am

People do change. They come from their own perspective and come to realize their opinions may be wrong. Think of the huge poling shifts on gay marriage we have seen in the years she has been in the public eye. I don't think Obama was always for gay marriage. I don't think what she said so many years ago define who she is now.

And the email thing? It was blown way out of proportion. Do you not think if Comey had found something he could prosecute, that he would not have done so?

I'm not going to rehash this but there are many reasons this was just bogus.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:33 am

Her emails have been investigated ad nauseum, and nothing has been found that incriminated her. If they couldn't find something after all the millions of dollars they've spent on the investigation, they're either incompetent or there's nothing there.

There's no "big difference" between the calls and the emails. Both are potential or actual security breaches. It's just a hell of lot easier to eavesdrop on a cell phone call than it is to hack an email server. And if you think Trump understands that and will modify his behavior, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

MotaroRIP

Post   » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:15 pm

I agree Lynx, she very well could have changed. I personally don't think that she did because she just flip-flops on so many issues, and lies too much. Not to mention the fact that she has her public and personal opinions and said so herself.

I'm not a Trump man at all either, please don't think that's the case. I just practiced my right NOT to vote because my heart wouldn't allow me to pick either.

I would have written in Bernie Sanders if anything. I wish he was our President-Elect at the moment. DNC really screwed us over on that.

In regards to her emails, I'm tired of hearing about them. They were really eye opening in several ways (taco bowls, DNC corruption, etc) but I doubt that she'll get indicted and I'm so tired of the issue like I said.

GPIG

Post   » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:24 pm

..or the Obama appointed attorney general, who was promised she would remain so in a Hillary white house, chose prosecutorial judgment, on her own accord. This works both ways now. Interesting that Obama himself stepped aside when all the money was on the table. Liberal loyalty, I guess.

One BIG DIFFERENCE is that one of them hasn't taken an oath yet.

Another "big difference" is one hasn't been briefed by the state department yet.

GPIG

Post   » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:48 pm

"It's just a hell of lot easier to eavesdrop on a cell phone call than it is to hack an email server" You know about Trump's security arrangements? Which website has uncovered, and described his electronic security apparatus?

Again, it's not me, it's the FBI, and they weren't letting it die. The Clintons have been at battle with them for 30 years or better. For smart people they are awful dumb to think you are going to skulk around on the fringe of felonies while sticking your nose up at, and ignoring the FBI. The bureau will let it die now because they feel they have contributed to her losing the election, and they have.

Interesting that not even Obama, at Hillary's moment of truth, with all the cards out, playing for all the marbles, stepped aside and let Hillary hang in the wind. Why do you think that is? Because he knows her and he didn't want his legacy attached to hers, as well as having agents looking around his closets.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:38 pm

"I agree Lynx, she very well could have changed. I personally don't think that she did because she just flip-flops on so many issues, and lies too much. Not to mention the fact that she has her public and personal opinions and said so herself. "

I think your analysis is flawed and likely based on very narrow and misleading anti Hillary ads that take things out of context and do all they can to misrepresent the truth. I think one or two things might have a legitimate basis for criticism but misrepresentation and outright lying was rampant when it came to attacks on Hillary.
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/debunking-anti-hillary-clinton-myths-lies-conspiracies/

Hillary has one of the best track records of any politician regarding "lies". I can't find the chart I was looking for at the moment but this one compares Clinton and Trump.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jun/29/fact-checking-2016-clinton-trump/

And as far as different personal and public opinions, this sometimes applies to even us too.

I do think the issue now is Trump.

He cannot be normalized.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:45 am

"I think your analysis is flawed and likely based on very narrow and misleading anti Hillary ads that take things out of context and do all they can to misrepresent the truth. I think one or two things might have a legitimate basis for criticism but misrepresentation and outright lying was rampant when it came to attacks on Hillary. "

Yup.

"Her emails have been investigated ad nauseum, and nothing has been found that incriminated her. If they couldn't find something after all the millions of dollars they've spent on the investigation, they're either incompetent or there's nothing there."

And yup.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:17 am

Not to mention, there are people out there pushing fake news because it makes them money! Do they care if Trp supporters are misinformed? I think not!

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/11/23/1602603/-Fake-new ... rump-readers

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:01 am

"Interesting that not even Obama, at Hillary's moment of truth, with all the cards out, playing for all the marbles, stepped aside and let Hillary hang in the wind."

What does this mean; are you saying that Obama didn't fully endorse Hilary during the election or while he was President?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:06 am

It was confusing. I removed the two comments within and read it as:

"Interesting that not even Obama ... stepped aside and let Hillary hang in the wind."

For me this would mean he did not let her hang in the wind.

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:46 am

There was an interesting piece by writer Lucy Mangan on why an acceptance of Trumps sexual assault and 'banter' about grabbing womens pussies, comments on mexico, how he has spoken about immigrant and muslims is dangerous. Acceptance or forgiveness is normalising the behaviour, and I think we're all in agreement that would be awful.

This is the writer of the original article, but her opinion piece doesn't seem to be online yet.
http://www.stylist.co.uk/people/lucy-mangan

GPIG

Post   » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:08 am

"Do you not think if Comey had found something he could prosecute that he would not have done so"

He could have found Jimmy Hoffa's body in Hillary's basement with her fingerprints all over a knife sticking out of his skull and he couldn't prosecute. He can't prosecute anyone. Kind of a constitutional thing.

"Interesting that not even Obama ... stepped aside and let Hillary hang in the wind." Hillary didn't seem to think so. Obama was one of two she blamed for the loss. Obama was also the only person who could have stopped the other she blamed, Comey.

453 posts