WANTED: rehoming for sweet older piggy in Toronto, ON

lolalovesme

Post   » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi everyone! I was on this site once upon a time when I first became a piggy slave over ten years ago. I never thought I'd be back to give up a pig, but here we are.

Lucy and her sister Tank started out in a home where they weren't getting the attention they needed so we adopted them, loved them, and moved to Canada with them. Tank passed away nearly two years ago and although we love piggies, we can't adopt more. Lucy is still in fine health at approximately 5 yrs old - and she's lonely.

We really want her to have the best life possible and we can't offer her that anymore. To that end, we'd love to find a family with another lonely senior, or a herd with room for one more so Lu can enjoy her golden years/months to the fullest.

Here is a link to Lucy's classified ad on GuineaPigFinder. I've provided more details and a bunch of pictures proving Lucy is in fact the cutest. I'm hoping that I'll have better luck on here and that Lucy can have the life she deserves. Thanks!

http://guineapigfinder.com/guineapig/50 ... -companion

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:09 pm

She does look pretty cute for an "older" girl!

lolalovesme

Post   » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:45 pm

That she is! Believe it or not, she used to be fluffier - especially during snack time when her sister was around. The diminished poof is one of the only real tells for her age. Such a sweetie ...

But for some good news, we have a prospective piggy and her human coming by tomorrow to meet Lucy. She may yet have a friend!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:19 am

Good luck!

lolalovesme

Post   » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:03 pm

Lucy left this morning with her new friend, Bella, a similarly solo pig over 5. We agreed on a no-fault return policy if the girls turn out to hate each other, but I have a good feeling about things.

Even better, her new owner loved our C&C cage and immediately contacted a local rescue about getting materials because he didn't want Lucy to feel unhappy in smaller digs.

It's the end of 12 years living the pig life. Hard to see Lu go, but amazing knowing the full life that awaits her and Bella. Thanks for helping us find a happy ending for our girl!

You can peep her and Bella here as they prepared to head out:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_t57 ... jVoZzFMVTg

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:57 pm

I hope it goes well for her!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:18 pm

Good news!