Entertain your guinea pigs!

wheeksandwheeks

Post   » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:11 am

Thanks for the pics! Pigjes, where do you get your waffle blocks? The only ones I can find are the Little Tykes ones, which are quite different. Yours are actually a lot like the Living World Snap Inn blocks (which I can't get in the U.S.).

I put a Little People barn in mine, and they just loved it. Just kept going around and through the doors. 😀

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:16 pm

Super Pet used to make the waffle blocks, but they don't seem to be available now. :(

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:31 pm

There was a newer version, with funny shaped entrances, but I have no clue what brand that was. I bought mine many years ago.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:57 am

I was told that Petco used to sell the older version, like mine.

I asked a smart source for input, maybe she knows something about the newer version:

wheeksandwheeks

Post   » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:05 pm

Okay, thanks Pigjes and Tracis! In the meantime, I am building mazes for my pigs out of cardboard. I never have a shortage of that. I am sure they won't care what they are made out of. :)

I had thought of writing Living World about it. It's such a cool item. They really should sell the Snap Inn here.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:24 am

Ah, it's called a Snap Inn, thanks for telling us! Would definitely go for large ones if you can find one.

Pigs prefer cardboard. I sometimes order a batch of new ones, as the ones which arrive as delivery boxes, are often printed with ink, and not all ink is soy based. Or contain staples, plastic document pockets, tape ... trying to remove those is a pain, as it often rips the box apart.

peter007

Post   » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:11 pm

pigjes you are great...

MariusMum

Post   » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:40 am

My boar has a hidey made of an old 1/2 gallon sand castle bucket. It's large enough for him. I agree that hay is the best boredom buster

Charlette

Post   » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:55 am

Hey, If at least 2 entrances are not possible, one which allows 2 pigs to pass at the same time, with room to spare, will do as well. Compare it to humans needing a garage door to get in and out a house, [url=https:// [spam] .com]here[/url] :)))) instead of a door.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:18 am

Indeed! And, piggies need personal space too!

DelilahRose

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:16 am

Wow this perfect! My piggies primary cage is for eating and lounging, so I have been trying to find new, not so generic things to entertain them with in their play cage! Plus one of my piggies is a little picky with hutches, but I still want her to have variety. If she can tip it over, she won't even use it lol So far she's only taken a liking to an edible log I got each of them. Maybe she just likes a hideaway she can play with, too.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:30 pm

It would be easier to entertain both of my piggies if they would just get along 😄! I have to get creative with them because they like different things. Both will play with balled up paper, but Mr. Bubbles gets bored with it after a few minutes, while Scruffy will play with it the whole time he's in the playpen.

It's nice out now, so they can go outside. I can also get to my shop and build them new and exciting things to do. I've been working on a maze for them to go through. I'm putting in ramps, multiple levels and some bridges and hidey spots with multiple entrances. I'm going to use untreated wood and safe materials. I hope they'll like it when it's done.