This explains a lot: dominionism and politics

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:30 pm

I believe in separation of church and state.

What a rotten road we go down otherwise.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:56 pm

Wow! I read the article and it is scary! I was brought up in a Christian home, but nothing like what the article states. I attended public schools, college, and read just about anything I can get my hands on.

I'm Christian, and the article is frightening.

Thanks so much for sharing it.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:13 pm

I think most Christians are not so extreme. And many have their hearts in the right place.

But separation of church and state is still so important. Otherwise, you are looking at one religion writing all the rules.

rpaws

Post   » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:48 pm

That is NOT Christianity as those people do not follow the teachings of Christ.

Just because you say you are a pony doesn't make you a pony.

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:12 pm

I did not mean to imply that all Christians were like this, or that these people were in fact Christians. I actually got it from a friend who recently completed her theology degree. She is horrified by it.

BTW, she and another friend of mine, who is from a family of theologians, were both appalled by Trump's "prayer breakfast." I have not had the stomach to read about the breakfast - I find it difficult to do anything that involves watching him.

If you think about it, this article explains a lot - like the appointment of Betsy DeVos in public education and Jerry Falwell Jr. as some type of head of higher education. Neither has any experience for their jobs, but both are keen on pushing a religious agenda.

Of course, DeVos has the additional attraction of also being a big Republican donor.

Here is another article by Chris Hedges, who has been covering the "religious right" for many years: https://riseuptimes.org/2017/02/06/chris-hedges-make-america-ungovernable/

Also, as a corporate lobbyist for many years, I can tell you this cartoon is dead on:

https://m.facebook.com/zaackhunt/photos/p.1410598572344755

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:15 pm

Not a lot of ponies in the Trump administration, although they certainly get on their high horse about it. (Sorry, the pun just popped out and I couldn't resist it.)

OurMissEllie

Post   » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:24 am

So this education is necessary for me. Calls to impeach Trump actually play into the hands of extremists, because apparently, Pence is the true goal.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:02 am

Pence is definitely a future disaster in the making.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:06 am

The ONLY way in which Pence is better than Trump is that we wouldn't have the nuclear codes and the bomb-dropping say-so in the hands of a twittering five-year-old.

10 posts • Page 1 of 1