Help, I think my pig is pregnant!

RaminxRamin

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:22 am

There's one that seems to be having trouble with her legs, she tries to move by throwing herself forward with her front paws and her back legs just kind of hit together and do nothing.

RaminxRamin

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:24 am

I think she's done giving birth. Three pups!

RaminxRamin

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:08 am

We have three pups, looks like two girls and one boy although that will be confirmed in the upcoming weeks. The one that was having trouble walking is doing better and they are all very active and alert! I'm posting pictures now but it may take me a minute.

RaminxRamin

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:56 am

Baby number one:

We named him Razzle Dazzle. He's definitely a boy, he has a very pronounced penis bulb already. He's tortie with a little white on his muzzle. He's quite the little attention pig, hence the name! He was the first born and the biggest of all of them weighing in at 0.216 pounds (98 grams) ((3.46 ounces)). I think he'll be an Abyssinian.

RaminxRamin

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:06 am

Baby number two:

We named her Unity, and yes we're pretty sure she's a girl. She's a quiet but friendly little pup and was the second one born. She's the smallest weighing 0.194 pounds (88 grams) ((3.10 ounces)). I think she's going to be an American.

RaminxRamin

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:14 am

Baby number three:

We've named her Pancake because when she was born that's about all she could do. She was the one who wasn't using her back legs at first but now she seems to be moving around just fine. I'm not 100% sure she is a she but fairly certain. We'll see in the coming weeks though. She weighs 0.205 pounds (93 grams) ((3.28 ounces)). I think she'll be an Abyssinian too.

RaminxRamin

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:17 am

Pashmina is being a good little momma and is taking care of them. She weighs a mere 1.508 pounds (684 grams) ((24.13 ounces)). But we'll get her weight back up.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:56 am

Oh my gosh! Cuteness overload. Don't let daisymay see these or she'll definitely put them at the top of her pignap list. ;o) Seriously adorable, all of them!

RaminxRamin

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:51 am

Pashmina has been a good lil momma! All the babies are looking alert and healthy today!

RaminxRamin

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:52 am

Thanks for the compliment by the way!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:36 pm

Oh my gosh.

CONGRATULATIONS to Pashmina and to you.

Weigh the babies and Pashmina daily (at the same time of day). The pups will actually drop a little for a day or two, then resume growing.

Excel charts are excellent for getting a visual idea of how they're doing.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:21 pm

They are so adorable! I can't see the genitals very well on the second pic but I think you are right on for the sexes of the other two!