Petsitting and need help!!

Betty

Post   » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:41 pm

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to read this. I am petsitting a guinea pig for some people (I do not know them well, and they seem uneducated about guinea pigs, so I know they will not do anything about it). I believe the guinea pig has a growth on his genital area(I'm not sure if it is even a growth or what it is exactly, but that's my guess)...doesn't not look like what I think a normal boar should look like. If someone could please email me so that I can send you a picture. He does not seem to be sick but it appears super abnormal. I want to take him to the vet but I'm a student so am hoping to hear from someone here first. Thank you so much. Please email me at [removed email address at request of author ~ Tracis 8/14/2017].

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:44 pm

You can email a picture to Lynx at [removed] and she can post a picture for you.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:27 am

I use an image instead of text so my email address is not harvested for spam. You are welcome to send me a picture.

Here is my address.

Meanwhile look at normal pictures of male private parts here and using links to other sites:

www.guinealynx.info/sexing.html

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:27 am

Bless you and thank you for caring about him, and seeking help. Will be interested to see a pic.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Looks normal to me. The tips of the penises sometimes develop kind of "cauliflower" heads. (please comment, you boar people!)

CavyDad
Supporter in 2018

Post   » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:36 am

Yes, we had a boar like this. Nothing to worry about except making an effort to clean it--it tends to trap a lot of debris, especially if he drags his backside around. Also, I don't know if this was just my boar, but he couldn't (or wouldn't?) clean his penis, so we had to do that too. If it's too gunky, it can get stuck outside, which I'd imagine is pretty uncomfortable.