Question about ivomec and panacur

trudy

Post   » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Hi

So sorry I have not been in group for ages ( been suffering health issues of my own with my heart). But just wondered if anyone can offer advice please?
Is the following ivomec and panacur products ok and safe for guinea's, does anyone know please?

http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Noromectin-M ... gLmpfD_BwE

https://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/cats/w ... suspension

And if so I don't suppose one kind sole could please give me the doseage?

Thank you ever so much.

Trudy xx

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:38 pm

The Noromectin appears to only have ivermectin as an active ingredient which is what you want. The 1% solution will have 10mg/ml of ivermectin.

Has your guinea pig been diagnosed with giardia? If so, that must be why you are using fenbendazole?

You would find the dosages in the guide. I would opt for topical ivermectin.
antiparasitics.html

trudy

Post   » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:23 pm

Thanks for your reply. Just wasn't sure if dangerous with it stating "multi injection".
No giardia, was just wanting to worm them as a precaution.I used to get the panacur sheep wormer but can't find it any more.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:42 pm

If they're not being housed outside, they probably don't need worming. And you don't need both. Ivermectin will take care of all sorts of parasites.

trudy

Post   » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:30 am

Yes they are outside in Summer. Well say that in a 8x6ft shed and let out into a 10x12ft aviary every morning.
Gina a rodentologist who used to work from Cambridge cavy trust that I used to go to always gave them both that's all.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:33 am

Trudy, I understand your wondering about that "multi injection" description. For some drugs the multi is indicating multi active ingredients. When you get it, do look closely on the box for other active ingredients but I think you're fine.

trudy

Post   » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:59 am

Thank you. xx

What about the panacur please?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:49 pm

trudy

Post   » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:47 pm

Thank you
Sorry been off line.
I used to get the sheep wormer. But is there any difference between the dog and sheep panacur?
And can the Ivomec Injection 1% solution be used topically?
thanks xxx

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:01 am

Copied from post that did not get moved:

What you are interested with the panacur (if you are using it) is that you properly dose. It needs to be of a mg/ml that is measurable (I take it this is a liquid?).

1% Ivomec Injection ivermectin can be used by injection, orally, or topically. You just need to be able to measure accurately.

This post was split from someone else's post.