Charlotte's end of life care

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:58 am

Am so glad to hear Charlotte is still with you and plodding along. So glad also she's enjoying her yummy treats and near sleeping accommodation. Yay Charlotte!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:57 am

That is encouraging. I wish for the best for you both.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:11 pm

They never do what you expect. ;-)

Keep going. When it's time, you'll know. You're doing a wonderful job for her, and it makes a huge difference to her.

AyaMcCabre

Post   » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:56 pm

Charlotte is.... not right. She's not really objecting to anything, including stopping petting her, picking her up, and taking her food away. Her breathing is visibly obvious. She did accept a banana chip but it took her several minutes with multiple breaks to be able to eat it. We're keeping her home for now, but if she gets visibly worse by 5ish we will consider taking her in to the vet. I know she's different from a rabbit, but she's acting very similarly to how the rabbit did when we first found out he was sick. He lived 48 hours. Her cancer is much more advanced than his, so we're not sure if we should expect a similar timeframe or less.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:33 am

I'm so sorry she isn't doing well.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:51 am

It is so hard when things get better and then worsen. I too am sorry she is not doing well.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:12 pm

I am hoping she improves. I am so saddened to hear she's not doing well. Have everything crossed here for a good outcome.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:58 am

Sending hugs and prayers.