Cloudy red eye

ericf323232

Post   » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:10 am

Know what I reread your post I'm gonna pick up the ointment today

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:33 pm

It is a veterinary product and can't be bought at a local pharmacy. You will need your vet to give a prescription. Ophthalmic ointments are specialized.

I will try to remember to add your pics tomorrow (thanks).

ericf323232

Post   » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:32 am

Yup that's what I meant to pick it up from vet had a script waiting thx

ericf323232

Post   » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:26 pm

Update: Took him to the vet today she says it looks better and is more optimistic said to keep putting drops for 10 days and bring him back might have to be on drops for rest of his life that's fine I'm just glad he's doing better for now

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:09 pm

Good news!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:48 pm

That is good news indeed!

ericf323232

Post   » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:19 pm

Hey everyone wanted to give an update on this so far so good with the eye the vet said the ulcer is gone there might be a bit of scaring but other then that good I'll have to keep giving him eye drops everyday for now once a day and after that every other day I have a night vision camera and the eye wasn't glowing much but looks much better now and the glow comes from the back of the eye it doesn't look 100 percent but its way better then before hopefully stays good thx everyone

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Thanks for the update! So happy to hear things continue to improve!

Can your guinea pig close its eye? Do you occasionally see milky fluid (this is cleaning fluid and helps to lubricate the eye naturally)?

Some guinea pigs that do not have adequate tear production do need frequent lubrication. Creams will stay in the eye longer than drops.