Fleece...

Nuoc Mam

Post   » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:52 am

Can someone recommend where I can get the fleece for the floor of my cage and how i should wash it? Should i also get something to put in between the fleece and chloroplast?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:06 am

You will definitely need something between the fleece and the coroplast. The purpose of fleece is to wick the urine down to an absorbent layer under the fleece. If there's no absorbent layer, the fleece just stays wet and the pigs' feet get irritated. You can use mattress pads, u-haul blankets, wood pellets (the kind used in horse stalls), and other things. There are several threads on fleece here and over at www.guineapigcages.com.

You'll have to wash the fleece several times in hot water and strong detergent before you put it in the cage. That will make it wick properly.

You can get it at any fabric store, or online.

kailaeve1271

Post   » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:17 am

Many people buy fleece at fabric stores and place towels under it. I bought fleece at Joanns Fabrics and sewed it to an old mattress pad. I didn't need anything underneath because the mattress pad already was the absorbant layer. You can also buy fleece liners from piggybedspreds or other shops on Etsy, Facebook and more!

Nuoc Mam

Post   » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:37 pm

thanks everyone.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1