Help Please!!!

Svilena55

Post   » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:17 pm

Thanks so much for your help. If the vet can't give me that nebulizer type of prescription, how can I get it? Any other suggestions?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:10 pm

No, it requires a prescription.

But there should be plenty of exotic vets in your area.

Svilena55

Post   » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:02 pm

Thank you for your advice. I found a place to get the nebulizer and my vet prescribed baytril with saline for the nebulizer (he didn't want to give me gentamycin because he said it will be too hard on her kidneys). Also, we looked at the x ray from 2 weeks ago that a different vet took and he told me that he thinks in the left lung there might be a rather larger tumor or scar tissue from pheumonia or a solid mass from pheumonia. The vet who took the x ray two weeks ago told me there is some "debree" possibly in the lungs but she didn't know what this was. Would you be able to view the x ray if I emailed it to you and let me know what you see? I would really appreciate it. We will repeat the x ray after the nebulizer treatment and I am hoping it is not a tumor. If it is, what should I expect?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:21 pm

I'm not an expert at reading x-rays, but there are several people on the forum who'll see it and give you an opinion if they can.

I'll send you Lynx's address that she uses for photos, and she can attach it. Look for an email from GL in a few minutes.

Svilena55

Post   » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:44 am

Thank you. I sent the email last night. Will you attach the picture and create a new topic or how should I be tracking responses?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:52 am

She'll post it on this forum, and you can read the responses here. You can probably set your forum preferences to get an email when someone responds to one of your threads --- that's a common forum feature. But I don't use it, so I don't know.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:37 am

Here are your pictures. All of the same date. If you wonder if the correct diagnosis was made, you could get a second opinion from another experienced exotic vet. The front lower molar might have an elongated root (see https://www.guinealynx.info/elongated_roots.html ):

Larger:
pics/svilena55-d_lg.jpg

Larger:
pics/svilena55-e_lg.jpg

Svilena55

Post   » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:39 am

Thank you. If anyone can give me advise on the last picture, that includes the lungs - the white mass in the left lung is what the vet thinks - a tumor or scarring. If anyone has similar x rays or can interpret this picture, please share your opinions. I appreciate it.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:42 am

I think that's the heart.

You can see lots of heart xrays (just gives you an idea of what things look like - for the xrays on that page, one is looking mostly for enlargement, measured by how many ribs they span).

www.guinealynx.info/heart.html

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:30 am

I don't see it, can someone circle it for me?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:57 am

I am not sure what she means either. Svilena55, if you can save one of the images above (smaller than what you sent me) and circle the area, that would help.

Svilena55

Post   » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:32 am

Thank you all. I have a picture with the lung item circled so that people can see what I mean. I will forward it to you to post. Thank you.