Help Please!!!

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:31 am

No never seen any parasites or worms. Just those holes. And they are not always there. Sometimes the pops are totally normal, sometimes with holes, sometimes mushy, sometimes like a coffee bean with a line in the middle, sometimes two different intertwining colors in one poo. Don't know what is going on? Bloat? Digestive issue?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:47 am

I think some variation is normal.

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:51 am

I wonder if there is something I can give her for just in case to "deparasite" her? Is there something I can order online?

I really am not crazy about her vet or the other exotic vet I went to. I learned more about piggies health on this forum and I stabilized my piggy during the past month when she lost 700 g!!! You all have been the most help ever.

I feel like if I take her to the vets again, they will run tests that will not show anything and they don't even know what to give me. If you would recommend that I can order something online and give her a small doze to see if the poo will eventually stop having holes here and there, please let me know. If I absolutely need a prescription, I will have to talk to the vet but I would rather not. Thanks for your help. Lena

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:53 am

The parasite suggestion was a long shot. If you are seeing any signs of mites (read www.guinealynx.info/mites.html ), you could treat for mites which would also treat many internal parasites. It is much more likely this is gas than parasites.

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:56 am

Yeah, especially since I don't see any worms coming out. I have read about this a lot and every piggy that had worms, you could see some in the poop.

I wonder if it is yeast??? Can they test for yeast? What would be the treatment? As far as mites - she doesn't scratch excessively so maybe that is not it either.

Svilena55

Post   » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi everyone, I have one more question. Lately, my guinea pig has been scratching her butt against her wooden igloo , it's actually her butt and her back, she just kind of rubs against the wooden igloo like a bear against the tree. Does anybody have any experience with that?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:09 pm

Is your house dry? Dry skin can be itchy.

Has your guinea pig ever been treated for mites?
www.guinealynx.info/mites.html

Svilena55

Post   » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:17 pm

No, my house is normal I would say. Never treated for mites, but she was tested for a lot of things a month ago and I don't believe they found mites.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:28 pm

They can't reliably find mites. They're microscopic, can only possibly be "found" with a skin scraping. That's painful for the pig, expensive for you, and misses the mites half the time. If she's scratching, she may well have mites. If she's not, she probably doesn't, unless it's a very mild case.

Svilena55

Post   » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:45 am

Thank you all for all of your help. I really do appreciate it a lot. So, we have a new issue, well maybe necessarily new, it's been on and off like that for a while. Zoe has tear drop type of poops on and off, they are not dry, there are more on the wet side. I have read a lot about that as far as a possible digestive issue, or dehydration. I do give her Benebec every morning and also digestive supplements and usually her poops normalize after she Has a good amountof hey, just wanted to ask if there's anything else that teardrop type of poop could signify that I have missed through my research. Comments are appreciated. Maybe due to too many fresh veggies? Alos she doesn't really eat at night even though she has everything right there for her but don't know if that has anything to do with anything.

Svilena55

Post   » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:33 am

I am wondering if the tear drop poop could be associated with a fungal thing in the intestines? Would nystatin oral help for that? any side effects? It is not an antibiotic, correct? Can I get it without prescription? My vet is just not the best and if can get it without going through the vet, that would be great. Thank you.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:44 am

I doubt that it has to do with anything fungal in the intestines.

Which veggies do you feed her, and how much of each?