I’m Shocked (pellets)

GuinessOllie

Post   » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:34 pm

Hey piggie friends , have you experienced pet bird seed in your pellets . I got a repuatable brand and I got to the end and I found at least 7 pieces of pet bird feed . Vita something is the brand I got

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:01 pm

If it's Vita Kraft, it's not a very good brand of pellets.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:38 pm

Large companies package lots of things and sometimes the "chute" is not entirely free of the previous food. I've found corn in both bags of wheat and bags of sunflower seeds.

Ditto bpatters - not a very good brand of pellets.

WICharlie

Post   » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:53 am

Do you have access to Oxbow brand pellets? You would not run into that problem with Oxbow as it comes sealed in a bag. I would switch. Vita Kraft is not the best. It might be cheaper, but you get what you pay for. And good nutrition is so important in keeping your pigs healthy.

GuinessOllie

Post   » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:43 pm

I think it was vita essentials organic sunseed. Yes I do but it’s very hard to find where I live . Only exotic pet shops , exotic pet supply store and petland and pet supplies plus are the only stores I could find that sells oxboro .

Kimera

Post   » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:54 pm

You don't have to feed your guinea pigs Oxbow pellets, if they are unavailable, at least not easily. Find some local equivalent. It is important that the food does not contain grain, bakery products, nuts, sugar or dairy products. Plain pellets, if possible, hay based, are the best. Perhaps JR Farm Grainless or Versele Laga pellets are available where you live.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:56 pm

The OP is in the US. Both Oxbow and KMS Hayloft pellets are readily available.

CavyGirl04

Post   » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:09 pm

I get Oxbow pellets online, they can be ordered on Amazon for $24 per 10-lb bag.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:05 pm

More information to help you evaluate pellets:

pellets.html