Help Please!!!

Svilena55

Post   » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:51 am

She doesn't drink so she gets her water through veggies. She gets a big pile of lettuce (two small hands) (romaine/red leaf/sometimes spinach or kale/butter lettuce), cucumber, pepper, sometimes whey store bought pet grass, and sometimes parsley - twice a day (morning and evening). I leave that for her with also plenty piles of hay (timothy) and pallets (timothy). Also, when I don't think that she had enough fluids I also give a small syringe of water when I get home from work. Every other day she might get a grape or a piece of apple. Also, she begs for yogurt drops which I give her 1-3 a day. They have vit c. And, I give benebec and 2-3 drops of vit C directly through a syringe. Since she had the bayril a month ago, her digestive has been off (but also about 1 month before the baytril), so I am also supplementing with critical care and crushed timothy digestive enzymes mixed in with the critical care.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Too many veggies. Cut her back to a little more than a cup per day.

Parsley, spinach and kale are very high in calcium. I don't feed any of those to my pigs.

Yogurt drops are no good. Pigs are lactose intolerant, and indeed, they may be the cause of the problems with the poop.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:39 pm

Tear drop poops may also mean your guinea pig is not eating enough.

63 posts