Help Please!!!

Svilena55

Post   » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:09 am

If it's easier I can email a pic of the pop to post

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:46 am

Please edit your posts to add new info or change your post instead of posting multiple posts in a string in a short time.

The little pencil at a slant is the edit button. You have 10 minutes or so.

Svilena55

Post   » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:11 pm

Sorry, I can't seem to find the pencil to edit my posts and combine them.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:18 pm

You can't combine them. And the pencil is only visible for 10 minutes. After that, it goes away.

Svilena55

Post   » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:29 pm

Ok, sorry, I will be more careful on my future posts.

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:47 pm

Piggy has runny nose - clear liquid - three times already in two days. She does not tolerate antibiotics well. Should I continue the baytril nabulizer treatment? No other symptoms - eating ok, maintaining weight. I keep my place at 75 degrees and have a himidifier. Just not sure if this is related to dust or allergies or respiratory. When she was diagnosed with respiratory two months ago she had loud raspy breathing you could hear across the room. Eyes have always been watery maybe for like a year now.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:46 pm

I'd probably stop the nebulizer and just watch carefully to make sure she doesn't deteriorate.

Svilena55

Post   » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:00 am

OK, the raspy breathing is back. It happened this morning. I am resuming the nebulizer treatments twice a day 15 minutes each. The appetite at this point seems OK, the raspy breathing seems to be coming from the nose not the lungs from what I can tell. I am upping vitamin C, fluids and hoping for the best. And then I was fluid that comes and the nose fluid it's still clear in color and I will be keeping her warm wrapped up in blankets and hopefully the respiratory infection didn't returned with a vengeance. I really don't want to have to put her through regular antibiotics, rather than nebulizer, because she does not tolerate well, no matter how much I do to preserve her gut flora. this is how two months ago when we had the first episode, she lost her appetite and lost about 600 g and the liver was failing. I really hope the nebulizer well help. If you have any other suggestions that you can share with me, please do so. I guess those respiratory infections are recurring. The way the vet explained, once the bacteria is in their system, anything can set it off again. She's going to be four in April, so I'm hoping that she still young when she can fight but at this point I don't know. It seems to me that it incurred way too quickly after the first one. or maybe the first one was never really cleared. Thank you again for your help. Anything else that you can think of that I have not done, please let me know.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:12 am

You don't need to wrap her in blankets. Unless she's a skinny, guinea pigs are just balls of fat and fur, and there's a danger of overheating her. So if your house is warm enough for you, and if she's got a hidey to get in (they trap heat), she'll be just fine.

Just my opinion, but I'd want something other than Baytril in the nebulizer. It obviously hasn't worked so far. My vet uses a combination of steroid and gentamycin.

Svilena55

Post   » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:28 pm

Thank you. My mom is watching her today and said the rasp breathing stopped and no more runny nose.
What if this is just allergies and sinuses? Would Benadryl once in a while small dose help just to clear her out from dust, etc? She has had this rasp breathing on and off for about a year. I dedust the hay and keep a humidifier in the crazy Chicago winter but maybe lately that has increased a bit - might be due to age or the new place I moved to which is an older building. Is Benadryl safe to give once in a while to see if maybe it is allergy based? Children's Benadryl.

Svilena55

Post   » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:16 am

I might run out of the saline solution that the vet gave me (still have the baytril). Can I use regular saline contacts solution to mix in with the baytril? Thanks.

Svilena55

Post   » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:20 pm

What kind of solution (one drop) can I put in each of the pigs nostrils to clear them? Will contact solution do? or does it have to be starile saline solution?