Sheep Drench 0.08%

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:14 pm

0.5mg/kg
.98kg (round to a kilo)
0.8mg/ml (a 0.08% solution has 0.8mg/ml)
www.guinealynx.info/calculate_dose.html

0.625cc

W3ndy

Post   » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:45 pm

Hello GL Wendy hereNot sure if I am supposed to post here where I posted last.

I need help if at all possible with dosing my 5 yr old male guinea pig with meloxicam he's in in pain. He has been to the vet but I had only $270 and I followed the vets advice and got what was needed minus the pain meds had to get He got SubQ fluids, baytril, doxycycline, critical care the visit was every dime on the care one card.

I have *Metacam 0.5mg/ml, po* it comes with a by the lb syringe it was for my mom's cat who has passed away.

Bobby is 5 yr old boy who weighs--

He won't eat pellets and since he's been sick barely eats eats only what is necessary--soaked green leaf lettuce, cucumber, green, yellow, orange, pepper, hay.. He will not drink and is peeing pink --diarrhea and small cecotropes?

I brought him to the vet he was diagnosed with URI. I didn't have enough to do an xray and get pain meds. $270 I just need to know how much to give I went to the calculator and I keep getting nothing but a zero im doing something wrong

I also have buprinex strength 0.3 mg it was for my rabbit who passed of stones a year ago dose for her weight at 5 lb was 0.10ml PO Q12 hr I wouldn't ask but he is going to die no doubt he needs pain meds. I will be in and out I gotta go to mom's to give my grandmother her meds

Thank you so much have a great night

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:59 pm

You didn't put his weight in, and we'll have to know how much he weighs to calculate the dose. Here's some info on calculating doses. The usual dose of Metacam is .2 mg for every kilogram the pig weighs. Let us know if you can't figure it out.

I wouldn't give the buprinex unless the metacam doesn't take care of the pain. It really zonks pigs out.

He MUST eat, or you'll lose him. Guinea pigs have to have food moving through the gut at all times to dilute the stomach acids they continually secrete, and to keep the contents of the intestines from fermenting and causing bloat. See https://www.guinealynx.info/handfeeding.html. Give him 100+ cc. of Critical Care or pellet slurry for every kilogram he weighs, every day, split into 6-8 doses around the clock. Adjust up or down according to his weight, and down if he's eating some on his own.

You can get some infant electrolyte solution, like Pedialyte, and syringe that to him to get some fluids in him. Most pigs love the stuff, but you can add some to some diluted fruit juice if that helps it go down. The generic is just as good as the brand name.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:21 pm

Ditto bpatters. Do aggressively hand feed! So very important. Weigh at least a couple times a day to make sure he is not losing weight.

You didn't give very complete information. With the limited information you provided, there may be malocclusion (not eating) and also, with the pink urine, there may be stones.

Read over malocclusion.html and stones.html

W3ndy

Post   » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:11 pm

Bobby's weight 1263g I think that is 1.263kg? Idk but I know you do :)

Sorry my life went haywire for a while it still is, gram with pneumonia and a car accident that totaled my sons car boy was he mad (not my fault at all though thank God) Many more things landlord...stuff like crazy. Bobby is eating full force again but he strangely enough cut carrots out which were his number one fav snack. He also don't drink much water but he is peeing plenty (I soak his lettuce and veggies) it is colored still but not as bad all the time half the time it is somewhat dark to pale pink. He is in good spirits now he still is under the weather I think this is the beginning of the end he is 5 yrs old.

I just want to get pain meds into him
He is so strong but I know he is in a lot of pain.

W3ndy

Post   » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:57 pm

Ok so I read above but I didn't understand how to do it until I finally caught bobby and weighed him. I brought him to the vet and gave them $250 but it wasn't enough to get the receipt I guess. They were supposed to email it to me i called them and asked again if they could email the receipt and asked if his weight was on there---again NO EMAIL well enough his weight could've changed by now so I tried to catch him that night to post it. I continued to try to catch him but didn't want to make him more painful and stressed sounds crazy but at the time he was so sick and i didn't even know if I should medicate if he had a stone? My thoughts were was I going to cause it to be worse---Im not a doctor and never owned a piggie. I had and still have a massive amount of personal issues going on. Landlord wants to get rid of my piggies on top of all of this and my mini washer, grammy has no voicebox due to cancer and has pneumonia and they took away her pain meds after giving her narcan instead of treating her for pneumoia and put her 90lb butt in a straight jacket she wasnt combative she just wasnt able to talk. I got in a car accident with my sons car as well all in that same week with bobby being sick and 3 other piggies... I finally got his weight so I will assume he gets a dose of .2 mg. however the meloxicam has a syringe for pounds so idk I want scream he needs meds he is in pain not his fault. I am sorry I could'nt get back to you it is just i am disabled and having a hard time with juggling this stuff. this is why I cannot work I can't manage a lot of stuff at once.

Thank you for all the info on your site it is so packed full of great stuff we are all very fortunate to have you I mean that God bless you all.