Help Please!!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:58 pm

Nebulizing fluids are special fluids (I believe). I don't think I would use contact lens solution as a nebulizing solution.

I don't know the answer to your second question.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:30 pm

No, don't use contact lens solution. You can buy sterile saline at any drugstore, I believe, and it's not expensive.

Svilena55

Post   » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:45 am

Sometimes my pigs poop is a little mucousy. Does that mean that her stomach lining is irritated? I give her probiotics daily, vitamin C as well as a couple of drops of olive oil to comebat gas. Please advise what the mucus might mean. Thank you.

Svilena55

Post   » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Another question if you guys don't mind - my pigs front paws heals a little red.

I do daily Epson soaks just in case and put coconut oil on them and sometimes soak the feet in diluted water with iodine just to make sure nothing bacterial gets through her skin. I believe it is because she doesn't walk around much. She is lazy. She is a free roaming pig and has soft surfaces (blankets and towels), so I am assuming the surface is not an issue. Just wanted to know how do you know if the condition is pre-bumble? Can I send a pic for an opinion by any chance? THank you for the help as usual. Lena

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:32 pm

Some pigs have red feet. But in the absence of visible infection, I wouldn't soak daily with Epsom salts. They're incredibly drying, and I'm not sure what the long-term effects of daily exposure to it would be. Just wipe them with a damp cloth, if necessary, and put the cold pressed virgin coconut oil on them.

Svilena55

Post   » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:51 pm

thank you

Svilena55

Post   » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:55 am

Please help!!! New issue. It is sunday and no vet available. Z might have uti. Squeeling when peeing and foul urine and maybe a little blood in urine. I have left over baytril and metronidazole. Should I give her a doze today with some diluted cranberry juice until I can get her in tomorrow?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Cranberry juice won't help. And it may be a stone, not a UTI. If she can be seen tomorrow, I'd wait,

Svilena55

Post   » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:53 pm

I think the earliest she can be seen is on Tuesday. What should I give her meanwhile? I also got the Chanka piedra drops which help break down stones.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:55 pm

I don't think we know that about chance piedra in guinea pigs. It may or may not help in humans, but human urine is acidic. Guinea pig urine is basic. Things that will dissolve in one won't dissolve in the other. So it could be that chanca piedra is useless at best, and harmful at worst.

Svilena55

Post   » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Thank you

Svilena55

Post   » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:51 pm

In your experience, is a fishy smell of the pee a sign of infection?