My babies with gas prob, need help

MitziDupree

Post   » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:25 pm

What should i give to my 3months old babes who have gas problem and have bloated tummies? I've taken them to vet and they got xrays but he said they are too small to give medicines and told me to wait. Any advices?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:20 pm

Read over www.guinealynx.info/emergency.html#bloat and all the associated links.

Bloat is very serious. Is this more gas or a severe and hard distension of the abdomen? A product like simethicone can help with mild gas.

What is their diet? How did this come on? Do they show any other signs of illness? Diarrhea?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:31 pm

What are the symptoms of their gas problem and their bloated tummies? Guinea pigs have fat tummies anyway, so maybe what you're seeing is normal.

MitziDupree

Post   » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:54 am

They don't show any sign of illness only full bellys. No diarrhea, their poos are normal. They eat and drink water with a very good appetite. But the vet said they have gas spasm. How and how much should i give the simethicone to 3 months of babies? Thanks for the help a lot. Im grateful.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:13 am

Describe in detail their diet.

MitziDupree

Post   » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:23 am

The vet said don't give any fresh food so i only give vitacraft complete menu and hay and water. This situation is the same for 2 weeks and nothing changes with the big bellys. They look happy too. No sign of illness or pain. How do i post photos here? I can put the belly photos abd xrays. Thanks for your help a lot. 😊

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:25 pm

If you have a couple clear crisp photos, you can email them to me with your board name and a link to your thread:

WICharlie

Post   » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:53 pm

If they show no signs of distress, their poo is normal and they are eating and drinking fine, then I think your vet doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:56 pm

I agree with WICharlie. Guinea pigs HAVE big bellies. Bloat is an extreme medical emergency, and the guinea pig would be in very obvious distress. The stomach would be distended and sound hollow, the pig would not be eating, and would probably be sitting nose in a corner, puffed up.

If I were you, I'd see if I could find an exotic vet who knows how to treat guinea pigs. This one does not.

And vegetables are fine for guinea pigs.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:33 pm

There may be cause for concern for one. Let me know what you all think:

MitziDupree

Post   » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:49 pm

Thanks for the upload Lynx. Most of the vets don't understand anything here in Turkey. The one i found knows more than any others i called or found. Some vets don't even give rendezvous and reject checking up. This vet told me they don't prefer giving any simethicone etc. Medicines. They eat very normal and poo normal. But these bellys are same for 2weeks now. Im really freaking my mind what to do. Really reaaly appreciate you guys help thanks.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:57 pm

Are you worried about the hair loss or the size of the belly? Because I don't see anything wrong with the size.