Need Advice on Guinea Pig UTI

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:49 am

It doesn't mean either one. Urine color can vary with what the pig has eaten and how concentrated it is.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:54 pm

The orange might also be porphyrins. Look over:
www.guinealynx.info/normal.html#urine

Tubby Custards

Post   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:12 pm

Hi, so I have a vet appointment for Hazel tomorrow and we are going to definitely do an X Ray and a urine Analysis hopefully. She has pee normally a few times and then peed blood again (I’m for sure it was blood, it came out fresh red) Well yesterday her sides looked a little like they were just ever so slightly sticking out, I thought maybe she was getting bloated, but she was pooping normally so I just decided to keep a close eye on her. When I woke today she looked about the same. I thought maybe, since she had lost a good bit of weight while on the baytril, and that she’s now gaining her weight back and I’m just not used to seeing her with more weight. Well I took a nap at 5:00 and completely crashed and when I woke up around 8, I came in Hazel’s room to give her, her antibiotic. She came out of her little hut and her sides are noticeably larger. I checked all around her cage and she’s pooped normally. Blood still in her pee. I started researching on this forum and could she possibly have ovarian cysts? Or could she just be bloated even though she’s still pooping. I’m taking her ASAP to her appointment tomorrow because I’m super worried about her and afraid she’s in pain (I tried to pick her up and she bit me and hasn’t done that since when I got her.) Any advice would be super useful. Also can ovarian cysts cause blood in her pee?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:29 pm

Blood in pee could be stones, a UTI, or an infection of the uterus. If she is bloated, she would be in pain. That she bit you is a sign of pain. Ovarian cysts would more look like lumps. Severe bloat is very serious - her skin would be taut and she would be in pain.

www.guinealynx.info/emergency.html#bloat

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:59 pm

Ovarian cysts are lumps, but if one has ruptured, you'd see an increase in the size of the abdomen.