Constant mounting! Help!

marlenes mom

Post   » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:10 pm

Fran and Amy have been together for a week now, all has been really great till tonight. They had no fights, a little rumblestrutting here and there but all in all they seemed really close to one another. Laying in cage together, eating hay together, etc.

Tonight, Fran has been constantly biting at Amy’s bum, chasing her and mounting/humping her every chance she can get. It came to the point where I was even questioning if Fran was a girl (we double checked), I’m pretty certain.

Amy seems frustrated, squeaking and squeaking, as she can’t leave her house without Fran aggravating by her. I’m not sure what happened, is this normal?! Will it stop?!!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:39 pm

My guess is that Fran is in heat, and that it should stop in a day or so. They come in heat every 14-16 days, and it can get pretty intense for a day or so.

marlenes mom

Post   » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:28 pm

Thanks, things seem much better today! I think you were right!

lisam

Post   » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:10 pm

Constant hormonal behavior can be a sign of ovarian cysts, or other hormonal issue.

marlenes mom

Post   » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:17 pm

Thankfully, it was only one night (Christmas Eve!) of this so I think it was heat related. However, with her bulging belly, I'll definitely keep an eye on her.