I want to pull her off medication...

lilythepig2017

Post   » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 am

I'm sorry for the late reply. We have been busy with the holidays. Since Dec 26th she has totally returned to health and gets better every day. Now, the 30th, she is SO energetic. Zooms around her play pen, doesn't ever stop eating, poos are normal and great size. She is a totally different pig. I think she had had allergies to her bedding she came with from the pet store. We now use fleece. I am SO so grateful we pulled her off the meds. I do t think she was sick. I firmly believe the meds would have killed her. When I found out she was on baytril that could stunt a young pigs growth I felt sad. When I also looked up her her anti inflammatory it was banned in the USA for causing heart attack or stroke (can't remember which or both?) in humans. I can't even imagine it for guinea pigs. Since we pulled her off we gave her probiotics daily, vitamin C serum, guinea pig hers/ flowers from Fuzzy Kingdom and their echinacea whole driedplant. No idea if that made a difference but whatever we did worked.

Anyway just wanted to update to everyone! :) have a nice New Years and thank you for your help.

lilythepig2017

Post   » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:21 pm

Sorry for typo. Should read " I don't think she was ever sick"

CavyGirl04

Post   » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:50 pm

She might never have been sick. I have a pig that sneezes sometimes and is completely fine. I've switched to fleece (from Carefresh), given different foods, etc. but she just seems to occasionally sneeze. It doesn't seem to bother her and she otherwise seems perfectly healthy (no nasal discharge or other signs of illness).

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:39 pm

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear she is doing better!

lilythepig2017

Post   » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:11 pm

Yes I think she was never sick. I think the vet misdiagnosed her. I think she was allergic to her carefresh bedding. Once we removed both that bedding and a dusty subpare Timothy hay from house she doesn’t sneeze anymore. I now use a different product. It has a fleece layer, absorbent layer and water proof layer on the bottom so you don’t need newspapers. We hand vacuum once a day and she’s so happy.

She is really doing so well. Even eating some veggies now. Is full of pep running around her pen. She’s lovely and we are so happy she came out ok.
[edited - Lynx]