Vitamin C by syringe?

l_czepe

Post   » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:30 pm

My little gp, Oreo, has a long and tortured history of illness since we adopted her. Long story short - after emergency visit to the vet last week and IV fluids, med change, vitamin C injection, and hand feeding, she is doing better. However, she won't eat her Vitamin C tablets; she used to love them but doesn't want them now. Can I get the Vitamin C drops (I know NOT to add to her water) and just give it to her daily by syringe? She gets fresh veggies every day, of course, but I need to supplement the Vitamin C since she's sickly. I love her with all my heart and just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to help her. Thanks!!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:17 pm

Yes, you can do it that way. Or sprinkle them on her veggies if she eats them pretty quickly.

l_czepe

Post   » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:48 pm

thank you! I tried grinding up the Vitamin C tablet and hiding in her greens but she figured it out and turned her nose up :) I will get the liquid drops and give it her by syringe.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:07 am

For 2 years, I gave 2 of my pigs liquid Vit C by syringe. They loved it so much, they considered it a treat. I now have no problem giving them anything (except Critical Care!) by syringe.