Fuzzbutt's Medical

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:04 pm

I would get a dental X-ray just to make sure her teeth are fine. Hoping she starts to improve soon and little Peekaboo too!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:24 am

Fuzz is still having the digestive issues. Since she lost first Scatter, then VeBee, she's lost a lot of weight. I know she's probably NOT still depressed (it's been a couple of months),but she's definitely quieter than she was with Scatter. Dr. K has put her on Buprenorphine twice a day - 0.15 mgs each dose. This has perked her up a bit so she now wheeks for food and/or attention.

However, the digestive problems still persist inspite of her diet. I've tried her with only lettuce; lettuce with various other veggies. She still produces well formed poops, but they are super moist, to the point of staining all the pads. I've had to resort to using a prewash stain remover in order to get them clean. Until a few weeks ago I never had to. This is what I find every morning:

ImageFuzz's stains #2 Dec 2017

ImageFuzz's stains #1 Dec 2017

Anyone have any suggestions? Should I take her completely off veggies? Pellets and hay have stayed the same brand - KMS.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:40 am

Are things really smelly? Any chance these are cecal feces (smelly and a slightly different consistency) that she is not eating or is having trouble eating? I think urine could soften up the poops too and they might be more likely to slightly dissolve. How about some extra B vitamins?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:07 am

How old is she? Older pigs can have trouble bending to get the cecal poops.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Fuzz just turned 4 on Dec. 3.

Urine was my thought too, but if that's the case, she's urinating every time she poops, so I don't think that's it. SHE can be a little smelly sometimes, but not often, and the poops don't seem particularly smelly either. These poops are soft enough that they both track them around, and some times when I scoop a fresh one, it sticks to the scooper or smears the fleece. They aren't different colored so I don't think they are cecal.

Thank you both for your help.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:43 am

We took Fuzz to the vet yesterday to confirm my suspicion of her having the fungal infection the other 2 have. Confirmed. So she will also receive Gentizol on the couple of spots she has. She was also treated with Revolution.

On to food. I fed them only lettuce for a week and her poops seems to firm up. I added bell pepper and for one night she was fine. The next night (after also receiving bell pepper), she was back to soft, mushy, smelly poops. They are so moist she is staining her pads badly, causing me to use prewash spray in order to keep them clean.

In order to keep her feet clean I have to give her foot soaks almost every day.

Suggestions? Can she live a healthy diet with only lettuce? She gets a Vit C tab daily. I've tried the digestive tablets, and while she likes them, they don't seem to make a difference in her "output". She also gets unlimited KMS timothy hay and KMS pellets (not unlimited, but she/they don't eat all that I put out, so it might as well be unlimited pellets, and no, I don't put out more than the recommended).

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:09 pm

How much vitamin C is she getting? It can cause loose poop problems all by itself.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:17 am

Hmm, yes that could be a problem. She cleans up the left over pellets from the babies. I'll keep a closer watch from now on, and pull out what they don't eat ASAP.

arpitkakkar1

Post   » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:50 am

Nice information such a useful for us thanks for sharing.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:41 am

Fuzz is doing well. The bare spot on her back (shaped like a "V") is growing back after being treated with Gentizol. It barely shows now after only a week of being treated.

The other areas are not bare - all the way around her butt and down on the belly. They simply look like the hair has been trimmed very short. Should I continue to use Gentizol on them since it doesn't appear to make a difference and I can't see any "lesions" from the fungal infection? Should I suspect ovarian cysts? The vet took x-rays in December and couldn't see any sign of cysts from those x-rays last week, just a bit of gas. Are more x-rays in order? I'd post a copy of what was taken in December, but I guess I failed to ask for them. I'll try to get copies and get them posted here.

Fuzz has had many x-rays in her 4 years. Does this have an effect on her?

Ideas and suggestions are very welcome.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:10 pm

A V-shaped hair loss on the back is the classic sign of mites.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:59 pm

Ditto. I think you had said you'd treated for mites too, no? Maybe this is what is working.