Guess That Guinea Pig Breed!

bruceandwillis

Post   » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:13 pm

This is Seymour, the newest addition to our family. He’s four weeks old. I rescued him last weekend from a hoarding situation where he was kept with 20 other babies his age and who knows how many adults. Because I never knew what the parents looked like when I got him, I just assumed he was a regular ol American and left it at that. However I feel like his fur is longer than an American’s would at his age, which makes me think he could have Silkie in him. But then again, he’s the first baby I have owned, so I could be mistaken.

What are your thoughts?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:04 am

A very cute guinea pig! Maybe this page would help you?
www.guinealynx.info/coat.html

I suspect he is a mix of a variety of types. Some of his hair is agouti. I am no expert at all. Is his hair shiny in the light?

bruceandwillis

Post   » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:31 pm

Yes his hair is shiny! He’s also very soft. I looked at that post and I was still curious because he is a definite mix of a lot, probably due to crazy circumstances he came from. I’m just bad at pinpointing this stuff!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:51 pm

Most guinea pigs are mixtures.

WICharlie

Post   » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:00 am

He looks like he has longer hair. He will no doubt have a very cute rooster tail eventually. Which you will probably want to trim off because it will get all gunky being dragged in the hay, poo and pee, lol.