Fungal Infection?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:51 am

I would not replace the chew wheel when it is gone. Hay is how they should wear their teeth (excellent for the digestion). I would not replace the seed treats when they are gone either. Extra sugars are not recommended (note that you should focus on vegetables rather than fruits because fruits are sugary - www.guinealynx.info/chart.html ).

The seed treats list:
Nutritional Info
Ingredients
Sunflower, Small Yellow Corn, Milo, White Millet, Oat Groats, Wheat, Shelled Peanuts, Peas,Toasted Wheat Flakes, Pumpkin Seed, Gelatin, Raisins, Honey, Corn Sugar, Sun-Cured Alfalfa Meal, Ground Corn, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Ground Oats, Ground Rice, Wheat Middlings, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Ground Flax Seed, Cane Molasses, Salt, Algae Meal (Source of DHA), Corn Gluten Meal, Fructooligosaccharide, Soy Oil, Vitamin A Supplement, Choline Chloride, Yeast Extract, Dl-Methionine, L-Lysine, Magnesium Oxide, Potassium Chloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Mixed Tocopherols (a Preservative), Yucca Schidigera Extract, Propionic Acid (a Preservative), Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Rosemary Extract, Citric Acid, Cholecalciferol (Source of Vitamin D3), Calcium Pantothenate, L-Carnitine, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Dried Bacillus Licheniformis Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Artificial Colors.
There are too many red flags in this product. Corn especially is a poor feed. And peanuts? Raisins? Honey? Corn Sugar? Put them on your do-not--buy list.

Yes, photobucket images disappear. To conserve space on the server, I don't have people randomly uploading pictures. Many people don't know how to manipulate them and could upload giant/fuzzy/inappropriate pictures. I look for permission to use clear medical pictures and crop and resize them from the originals.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:46 pm

Also, guinea pigs shouldn't have hard seeds because they have exceedingly tiny throats, and can get easily choked. Herbs are a far better treat than commercially-processed bars.

Ralik

Post   » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:03 pm

Thank you again for the dietary information guys. I'll make sure to avoid seeds and the like as well. I won't buy anything else without checking the info pages you've shared.

I've come with an update, though I am uncertain on what it means. Here is a picture of what she's looking like now. (Feel free to officially add the photo Lynx). It doesn't appear to be actually larger, and it's really hard to tell, but we4 think that the black stuff in the upper right corner may be hair starting to grow back? She's still got what appears to be a fair bit of blood on the area, though we're not sure if that may just be dried.

We checked her cage-mate Oxomo last night (She was humping Mayahuel. I think they're establishing dominance.) to see if she could be a male (Not thankfully!), and while we were at it we checked to see if she had anything. She appears clean, and Mayahuel doesn't have any other spots on her, though her eye on that side is looking a bit crummy. It's not got any secretions or gunk, I think she's just stressed from having to be handled for her ointment.

That's the status update. What do you guys think?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:30 pm

She may be scratching herself due to itchiness. Have you also treated with ivermectin? Fungal infections and mite infestations can be concurrent. It worries me to see what might be fresh scratches. I would also weigh daily for the time being in case she is in any pain and goes off her food.
mites.html
ivermectin.html

I'll go add your new pic (thanks).