Ice Cold Skinny Pig

Marbels123

Post   » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:18 am

The vet thought maybe she had scurvy and recommended giving her a children’s vitamin c tablet daily along with her veggies everyday (she said she recommends this for all guinea pig owners). I’m hoping just a slight diet change like that will help. That being said she’s taking a much longer time to chew so maybe she has something sore in her mouth (the vet checked her teeth and said they were good). I’m really hoping she will pull through! She’s snuggled in her house with a blanket and a friend right now to keep her warm.

Marbels123

Post   » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:08 pm

She didn’t make it. I think she must have had a stroke. When I got up this morning she was on her side and couldn’t get up but had her friend snuggling beside her. I cc’d her some food and then was giving her a pepper when she fell over and she died a few minutes later. At least it was fast for her and because I went to the vet I was able to keep her tummy nice and full for her last hours. She wanted to live so bad! But it wasn’t meant to be

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:19 pm

I'm so sorry you lost her.

Marbels123

Post   » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:26 pm

She didn’t make it. I think she must have had a stroke. When I got up this morning she was on her side and couldn’t get up but had her friend snuggling beside her. I cc’d her some food and then was giving her a pepper when she fell over and she died a few minutes later. At least it was fast for her and because I went to the vet I was able to keep her tummy nice and full for her last hours. She wanted to live so bad! But it wasn’t meant to be

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:20 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Marvin.