Where can I neuter my boar

OliCavies

Post   » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:43 pm

Hi, I live in California with a boar and 2 sows. I would like to know if anyone recommends a vet that neuters piggies in LA. I have a budget of $135 for neutering my boar.I would like to know A.S.A.P, Thank You!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:01 pm

You may have to call around. Check here to see if there are recommendations for LA vets:
https://www.guinealynx.info/records/view ... f=37&p=393

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:52 pm

LA Guinea Pig Rescue also lists some recommended vets on their website. You have to scroll down a bit. I'm not sure how close any of them are to you since I don't know LA:

https://www.laguineapigrescue.com/

There is also Cavy Haven's recommended vets:

http://www.occavyhaven.org/veterinarians.php

OliCavies

Post   » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:42 am

Thanks guys

OliCavies

Post   » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:14 pm

Okay, so I have checked most of them but they are expecting me to pay more than 300, I can't pay that much but The most I can pay is 200 but I can bend it if it's close to 200.Does anyone know a hospital that would do it at this much cost.

CavyDad
Supporter in 2018

Post   » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:40 am

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll find an experienced exotics vet for less than what you're being quoted. Competent veterinary care for exotics in LA County is, unfortunately, pretty expensive. My last emergency visit ran about $150, and that didn't involve anything surgical.

A couple of our vets have mentioned something called Care Credit. It's a credit card you can apply for to be used for veterinary expenses. I haven't used it personally, but it might be something to explore if the neuter can't wait.

OliCavies

Post   » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:42 am

Too bad, but I think I might use the care credit thank you CavyDad

CavyGirl04

Post   » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:50 pm

No personal experience, but a friend with a bunny went to Overland Veterinary Clinic. It wasn't neutered, but it is recommended by a lot of exotic pet owners and they saved my friend's bunny (his issue was life-threatening) so it might be a good place to check out. I don't know the price.

CavyDad
Supporter in 2018

Post   » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:21 pm

We used Overland Veterinary Clinic before we moved too far away. They are good for exotics, particularly rabbits. It was a rabbit owner that recommended them to me as well. The only problem I ran into was that a couple of the vets seem to have guinea pig allergies. When I called about bladder stone surgery I was told the only vet that was experienced with it no longer did them because of allergies. Certainly worth a call in case they have another exotics vet on staff, and definitely a place to keep in mind for your vet needs. They have weekend hours, and are usually good about working in cases that need to be seen sooner, rather than later.

MariusMum

Post   » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Where on the east coast? I need to get my cuy boar a friend. In the ase he doesn't bond with guys, I was just curious