Fuzzbutt's Medical

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:15 pm

I am very happy to report that after 2 days without any Bio-Sponge, Fuzzbutt's pellets are fully formed and mostly firm.

Bio-Sponge will henceforth be my #1 recommendation!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:52 pm

Super!!!!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:25 am

So glad things have improved! Hoping they continue to do so! Way to go little Fuzzy!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:45 am

Still seeing the occasional soft stool, but if I'm careful, I don't smear it. Can't understand why she still gets dailly poop shoes, though. Perhaps she poops in the hay and steps in it there. (Shrug)

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:25 am

Have you tried poop soup? I don't know if you have or not. Get poops from healthy pig and mix with water and syringe feed her. I know it sounds yucky and I have nearly chucked when I have to do it. Hoping Fuzzie gets better real soon and you can then relax a bit!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:16 am

I have NOT tried poop soup. I know that should have been one of the first things I tried, but I never thought of it before administering other medicatications. It doesn't particularly gross me out. The only ones that do are Fuzz's really soft droppings. I pick up a lot of poops with my fingers these days. ;o)

After 4 days without the Bio-Sponge, the soft ones came back. So we're back on the 3 X daily for 2 weeks, then gradually taper off again.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:27 am

I put Fuzz back on the Bio-Sponge 2 days ago due to soft poops. So far, there is either no improvement or a definite worsening. Friday night someone completely smeared one of the cloth hideys - the one most likely to get smeared. This happened about 24 hours after I put her back on the Bio-Sponge for soft (but not particularly messy) poops.

My problem is figuring out if it's Fuzz or Dusty, who has been on Baytril for a day or two. I'm going to have to divide the cage so I can know for sure.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:25 pm

Still getting the occasional soft poops from Fuzz (yes, it is her producing them) whenever I try to take her off the Bio-Sponge. Guess she'll have to continue to get that at least once a day for the rest of her life. At least it's full of supplements and probiotics suitable for guinea pigs.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:03 pm

Posting a link to your thread complaining about the cost of bio-sponge. I suggested an alternative, just pure bentonite, to see if it would help without the large price tag:
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 1#p2286521

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:21 am

That is a much better deal, thank you!

As to going by ingredients, I'm much too nervous and afraid of giving her something that's not good for her. At least the Bio-Sponge is a proven product. Thanks again. Nothing else has come even close to giving her relief.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Bentonite is the primary ingredient in the bio-sponge. It is (I believe) the only ingredient in the product I link to on that post. So you would be giving the primary ingredient to see if that was all that was needed.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:40 pm

Fuzz still has the occasional runny butt, buy even,worse is the amount of weight she's lost, 10/12 she weighted 993 grams (Dismal weight loss!) When I weighed her today she weighed 747 grams. That could be off but not by much. I have Critical Care on order but I'd like to do something immediiatly Would it be ok to add some oatmeal to her pellets. She's 5 as of Dec 5, 2,13.