Guinea Pig Recipes

ChucklingPigs

Post   » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:33 pm

Anyone have any recipes they make for their piggies either for treats, daily add in, or whatever. I have one but would love to do have more to give my piggies

Thank you

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:41 pm

The very best treats you can give them are bits of herbs and fruit.

rjespicer

Post   » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Well that's a relief, I was wondering what to expect based on the topic title. ;)

Although our vet does pop our piggies into a casserole pot to weigh them....

Sorry no recipes here, just pellets, hay and veggies.

ChucklingPigs

Post   » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:19 pm

Had to ask :)

WICharlie

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:08 am

Yes, the best treat would be a cube of watermelon or apple. I have to say that I am curious about the recipe you have. Can you share it? And where did you find it?

rjespicer

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:38 pm

Yep I am interested in what the recipe is as well.

Cube of watermelon? I am having to explain to my wife that she cant keep putting in huge chunks of watermelon in about 1/15th of a melon sometimes.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:21 pm

One inch cubes, or somewhat larger slices of rind only, with the skin cut off.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:32 am

Watermelon is wonderful! I love it, Charlie the dog loves it, and Lacey the piggy loves it! As soon as I start slicing, Charlie is underfoot doing circles. Then Lacey starts wheeking so loud I think the neighbors can hear her! They each get just a small cube but that’s the high point of their day.

IssaG

Post   » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:02 pm

Based on this I tried Watermelon last night and even my picky eater, who doesn't like anything new, ate it right away. Surprised the heck out of me.

rjespicer

Post   » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:07 pm

As bpatters and ItsaZoo says though keep the amount small.

We had issues last week when the wife was putting big slices in while I was at work, we ended up with lots of smooshy poop for a few days.