Breathing issues

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:50 am

I'm very sorry for your loss of Jazz. Rest in peace, little one.

I have a pig who occasionally will have noisy breathing that last for days. We put her on AB (can't remember which one, Baytril possibly, but if you're really curious you can check her thread (Fuzzbutt's Medical)), but it didn't change anything. The noisy breathing will last for days then go away for days. I'm thinking hay dust.

Alexafaeth

Post   » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:51 am

So sorry to hear about Jazz. They really are great companions, it’s hard when it gets to that point and there is nothing more that could be done. I hope your piggy is resting peacefully💕

Prieta’s breathing sounds are only when she’s resting. When I pick her up or she’s eating/drinking, the sounds stop. It’s been going on for some time... no runny nose, no coughing or sneezing, I am completely stumped as to what’s going on. With no change in her personality or eating habits I am not overly concerned, but at the same time I don’t want to ignore it in case it could be something more severe. She’s also the loudest wheek-er of all my girls, and her whistles for food when she hears that fridge open are as loud and clear as ever, and the vet did not hear anything when she was examined so I don’t think there’s anything wrong with her lungs. I apologize if this is completely ridiculous to ask, but is it possible for GPs to develop a form of asthma?

JX4

Post   » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:56 am

I'm so sorry for your loss of Jazz. It is hard to lose a piggy; they burrow into our hearts and a piece of them always stays with us.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:11 pm

I suppose asthma is possible, but the vet would probably hear it when listening to her.

rjespicer

Post   » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:29 pm

Sorry for you loss.

RIP Jazz.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:30 pm

I'm so sorry about Jazz. Rest well, little one.