Suggestions and Help

rjespicer

Post   » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:36 pm

We have a C&C cage and really like it. only one of the girls has found her way in to the loft so far though.

Cost a bit but way better than the smaller cages we had and the improvised pen we set up.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:54 pm

That is a really lovely cage, rjespicer!

Lulu Jane

Post   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:31 am

I would love to have a C&C cage, but I couldn't figure out a way to get a secure top so the cats can't get in. Also, any pros or cons of fleece vs bedding?

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:14 am

My cage isn't as nice as rj's but closet shelving makes a secure lid if you have cats. I have also seen people make lids with the C&C grids themselves.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:08 pm

I love the guinea pig pictures on the back walls, Catie Cavy! The cats are very curious. I am puzzling about the creature (live or not) at the far right of the top of the cage.

WICharlie

Post   » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:00 am

I think it's a plush animal, maybe a beanie baby, because I can see a tag on it.

It's a nice, functional cage. Are there zip ties on this though? Especially important to have with those lovely and curious kitties.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:26 am

The pictures were from a calendar. I thought they were too cute to throw away. The plush is a little stuffed animal. I think it’s a hamster. Someone gave it to me because they thought it was a guinea pig. There are only zip ties on the lid. The cats are much older now and no longer as interested in the pigs. My mother made the little stuffed guinea pig on the right when I was a child. Not bad for her first try.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:47 pm

How great of your mom to make you a plush guinea pig! I think she did a good job.

Lulu Jane

Post   » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:48 am

Pros and cons of bedding vs fleece? Are hammock hiddeys ok for them?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:46 pm

www.guinealynx.info/bedding.html

Hammock hiddeys sound like they would be okay. Unsure what they would look like.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:01 am

My pigs have hammocks which they absolutely love, but I'm unsure of a what a "hammock hidey" is...

Lulu Jane

Post   » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:07 pm

It's basically a hiddey that hangs.