Hair Loss/Mites/Fungal Issue?

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:20 am

wheekwheekgang, thank you soooo much for rescuing this little (?) guy. That is so unbelievable kind of you!

After so long, the head-tilt may be permanent. Only time will tell.

Molly77, I can't blame (or flame) you since 5 of mine came from pet stores. It is so hard to resist when we know the babies probably won't have a very good, or long, life if we don't. And they are just so darn cute! That may be the point, though. Be prepared for problems down the road, too. I've decided that I just plain can not look at guinea pigs in a store.

Diet: They can have fruits JUST NOT OFTEN. Second, they can have adult pellets, but you have to add some parsley or cilantro to their diet if that's the case. Regardless of what others say, carrots are NOT high in sugar and are just fine to feed daily.

Absolutely NO nuts or seeds (as you probably know),

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:48 am

Also, something you may already know, weigh weekly. Daily if sick.

wheekwheekgang

Post   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:26 am

Sadly Zeus passed away about a month ago. He got a bad infection post op and just couldn't survive. I force fed him like 15 times a day as much as I could and he just would not gain or keep a steady weight. Poor baby got buried with my old dog. My boyfriend and I were devastated but I gave him an amazing month of life. Thanks everyone for your replies. Much love.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:29 am

Oh geez! I am so sorry, but like you said, you gave him an wonderful final month.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:05 pm

I am so sorry you lost him. It sounds like he was much loved.