Strange stool after hand feeding

Spikeytwo

Post   » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:52 pm

An X-Ray was never done. I have him off pain medication now. I have to check which medication it is when I get back home. And yes the doctor said only feed him baby food. I think it’s causing his diarrhea. Where can I get critical care? How can I maintain him?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:27 pm

www.guinealynx.info/handfeeding.html

You can also soften plain pellets and use a syringe to feed them.

Spikeytwo

Post   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:04 am

He is even lower at 525 g now. Do you think he will make it through the week? My critical care is coming in 2 days

Spikeytwo

Post   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:06 am

I cannot take him to the vet as my parents say another 215 is too expensive

Spikeytwo

Post   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:56 am

Also for reference, he was 605 grams on 9/8/18. Today, 9/18/18, he is 525 g. How can I help him without going to the vet again?

Spikeytwo

Post   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:00 am

He is getting weaker. He is falling over when walking now. And can't get up when he is on his back

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:30 am

Critical Care is available in most pet stores and vet offices.

I hope you aren't too late to help him. Try to explain how important even the smallest life is.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:31 am

If you're only feeding him 10 cc of food per day, he's starving to death. A guinea pig that's not eating anything else needs 100+ cc of critical care or pellet slurry per day for every kilogram it weighs, divided into 6-8 feedings around the clock. So your pig should be getting 10 cc every few hours, not once a day.

If you don't have time to feed him, then surrender him to someone who does. You took on the responsibility of caring for this pig, and being "too busy" to feed him is the very epitome if irresponsibility.