KM's Hayloft

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:09 am

Sorry about the double post & thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to order some right now

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:40 am

bpatters, have you hade problems with mites ordering from them?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:33 am

No.

Mites are everywhere -- on you, on me, on dogs, cats, guinea pigs, and all living things. I've never worried about the pigs getting them from anywhere else.

Waddles
Party Poop-er

Post   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:12 am

Just wondering if anyone has purchased KMS hay (2nd and 3rd cuts) recently and what is your experience? How is the hay quality?
I took a look at the KMS website and it lists ONLY one option, a 5 lb pack of hay for sale, not the various options that used to be available.

I'm near the end of my 45 lb box of 3rd cut and need to replenish.
Also, any suggestions as to where else might be good options to purchase good hay aside from KMS?
Thanks.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:54 am

I switched to Small Pet Select several years ago when KMS was having problems with quality, and have been very happy with the hay. I use second cut timothy.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:05 pm

Because others were having problems with KMS, I ordered my last batch of hay from Small Pet Select instead. I ordered the 3rd cut and it is very brown. My girls don’t seem to mind but I’m disappointed in how it looks. If you do try an order from Small Pet Select, the 2nd cut might be more green.

ETA - I didn't see bpatters post when I posted, but I guess it confirms my suspicion that the 2nd cut might be okay.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:55 am

I've been getting my 3rd cut from Small Pet Select, also. I'm pretty happy with it - not much brown at all.

The last time I ordered 3rd cut from KMS, I got something much closer to 2nd cut - full of stems and brown leaves.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:18 pm

The 3rd cut I got from KMS about 3 weeks ago was just lovely.

SSLee

Post   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:19 pm

I have been buying 2nd cut timothy and orchard from SPS. Previously, I bought from Sierra Valley Hay (SVH), which is closing their online hay business as of October 10. Since SVH's website states that this year's orchard hay crop is good, I ordered 20 pounds, which was received yesterday. This current crop is comparable or better than my last batch from SPS.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:26 pm

My most recent box of bluegrass has been fine - arrived on time, very nice hay. A friend gave me some Oxbow after her pig died and my pigs prefer the KM hay.

Baba

Post   » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:33 pm

Sent them an email to order pellets for Canada, no answer. This is not the way to conduct business or ignore questions from
your customers. I always dropped Linda a line and got my pellets or hay as quickly as possible. Obviously the new owners don't
care.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:54 pm

Is there anything on the site indicating they can ship internationally? If they are unable to ship internationally, it would be helpful to say so on their site. Linda did indeed work very hard to take care of her customers. It is a skill and a gift.