Pregnant guinea pig- behaviours

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:10 pm

Big ditto lisam. We do not condone breeding purposely at all and feel leaving guinea pigs outside is not being a responsible pet caretaker.

Piggy Mum7

Post   » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:29 pm

I feel like you really need to know where I am to say that. Wow I’m not coming back here I come for some advice because all I’ve heard is good comments and boom, barely anyone has actually helped me and all I get is criticism. Who said I bred them? Actually I did not intentionally breed her, I’m more responsible than that, so before you say assume how about know the facts?

Cashier1995

Post   » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:58 pm

You didn't recieve a lot of advice because not a lot of us have experience with pregnant guinea pigs, since this is an anti-breeding forum. People are assuming that you are a breeder because this is your guinea pig's second litter. If you're so responsible, why did you let her get pregnant twice by accident?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:40 pm

As Cashier1995 points out and you can tell by the responses, your introductory post sure sounded like you were breeding guinea pigs. I believe the email that is sent out when you register emphasizes that we support adoption. The front page of the website encourages adoption (LOOKING FOR A PET? Do it the right way and Adopt a Rescued Guinea Pig!...Make a difference and adopt!). There are so many homeless guinea pigs that responsible people will seek to adopt.

Piggy Mum7

Post   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:34 am

Actually before anyone says anything, maybe I should have stated that I adopted her. She got pregnant when she was young, not in my care. I adopted her about a month ago, and she was pregnant. So no, I did not beeed her, thank you very much. I have currently 11 adopted guinea pigs.

Cashier1995

Post   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:27 am

That's great to know! Without knowing that information from the beginning, it's easy for everybody to make their own assumptions. I hope Bella had a successful delivery.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 am

Thanks for letting us know. We do tend to make assumptions about breeding when someone mentions multiple pregnancies. In your case, it was unwarranted, but we do get people who don't realize how dangerous pregnancy and labor can be, and they just plan to let, or actually let, their guinea pigs breed willy-nilly.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:42 pm

Ditto everyone. Glad you actively adopt guinea pigs!