Unsure of what happened to my pig

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:27 pm

I would stick with oral antibiotics if possible - unless you are going to try a nebulizer (these are inhaled antibiotics - gentomycin is sometimes given).

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:19 am

Thanks..i hope we Will able to do this..cause he ll have to react and get better.

The reason that our vet gave him bactrim injections was cause I came in(and i dont do this things, i swear!)crying like Irie is not better, i cant live without him(i have no idea what he tought, but he really wanted the best for Irie) and he look at us and he knew we just lost our dear Galli and are so upset and he said..we ll cure him and decided what he decided.. but at that time there was still hypotesis that Galli infected Irie..now as its proven that Ringo infected Irie if anyone or Ziggy as you said..its different story. Ringo s vet already know he s my best friend for more than half of my life-i didnt have to even said somethin..ever. He knows where we stand and that we better dont fall, even now..thats why he s always offering what all we ll do..

I ll look up to your advice as always..injections helped him a little bit..and azitromcyn did too.. but it returned during to weeks off antibiotics.. We ll see.. but you are on point..i cant belive you predicted things the way you did.. and when i first read it(the link) i was like no-please-that cant be true..i read that someones six pigs didnt make it..luckily Irie was treated immidatly-even if antibiotics didnt shake it off..at least it made him better. With benebac he s not crying all that much..cause god only knows(and his vets, haha:)) how many weeks of antibiotics he has to take still..

I ll change his water bottle every two weeks for new ones..thanks and i hope he ll be as active as he is now.. :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:57 am

Sometimes injections are given to jump start recovery. But if you have a choice for long term antibiotic administration and there are no compelling or strong reasons not to do so (severe reaction to an oral antibiotic), generally oral is better and easier for the pet caretaker to administer.

I wish you the best.

Lisa12

Post   » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:51 am

Thanks for best wishes:)
HEre we are again...Irie has discharge still-quite a lot.. but i was thinking what if we give him chamomile tea..? I am looking for home remedies as well. No suggar-normal temperature. I know it can open your nasal blockage or whatever is called.

He s taking antibiotic and has problems again.. luckily after a bit critical care and tons of bene bac he started pooping again normal-without additional medicine.

As this vet was not present at tuesday:( who wanted to try another antibiotic i think i am calling her tomorrow.. and than next moneday hopefully we ll go get injections if there Will be problems still present.

I am scared for his body how he ll take this, but so far so good..its rough diagnosis. At least he doesnt need no further diagnostics and staying at clinic, cause he was so fed up of it+ that he wont get any additional stuff from other animals, altough i keep him away from them in waiting room..

And question number two. We re planing to turn my room around today-clean everything and stuff..but you say disinfectans-if i clean cage with spitaderm(chemichal desifectant it would kill bacteria but he bites the cage as he wants food..that it wont be something wrong with him.. what if we do it with Schnaps or vinegar or this wont be as affective?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:10 am

Any antibacterial cleaner, including diluted bleach, you can wash, let sit, then rinse off and let dry. There should be no problematic residue that way.

I don't know anyone who has given chamomile tea to guinea pigs. It probably would not harm them.

Lisa12

Post   » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:31 am

Thank you! We ll do it!!
He s not healthy still, but you warned me and vets do that it wont be alright quickly as its been going on for a while now..
Anyway, he s very lively and is shouting for food and the fattening plan its working-he s 850g, now.. up to 1200g..he s little like me so its really cool to see little pig with such a big belly, hehe:)

Lisa12

Post   » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:31 am

I mean small, not little..my english..

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Irie is feeling Quite good this after noon-no sneezing..:) If it would only be better..

We are running out of bene bac and its not availible anymore in our countrey..i got blue and white and tubes.
Now I am planing to order from Germany, but they ve got different thing https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Bird-Bene-B ... rk:12:pf:0

is that okay, too? I need it quick so I would rather not order from USA, cause it would mean long waiting..

rjespicer

Post   » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:50 pm

This is the one we use, found it on the German Amazon site. I haven't seen the one that you linked to before.

You can also get it as a powder which you can sprinkle on his food.

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Thanks..but they dont send it to Slovenia..:(

rjespicer

Post   » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 pm

OK that's a shame

I was just puzzled by the packaging as it doesn't look like any I have seen, even on their website, it also doesn't say "Plus" and is green rather than blue. The ones they do for Birds and Lizards are usually green so I am not sure if it is the same stuff.

https://www.petag.com/products/health-a ... animal-gel

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:01 pm

If you can find the active ingredient list for this product, you will be able to tell if they are similar. Just compare it to what you have.