Help Please!!!

Svilena55

Post   » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Thank you. This discharge has a fishy smell which is disturbing. I will call the vet to see what he has to say.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:38 pm

I think bpatters guess is likely your answer. A fishy smell might relate to a yeast infection (I'd still go with the mucus plug).

Svilena55

Post   » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:31 pm

Thank you! So, the blood has stopped thankfully and the P does not smell anymore. However, now she stopped eating hay. I checked her teeth and two different dentists claim that everything looks OK and they did take x-rays about four months ago and told me that the teeth look fine. She does chew on carton boxes quite heavily, so maybe that proves that her teeth are not the issue. She also eats her pallets. I tried different types of hay, she was never a big Hay fan but at least she would eat some each day but now I have to force her to eat it and even then she would only take a couple bites. I think that eating no hay is messing up her stomach and her poops are becoming soft. Do you have any experience as to why some pigs might stop eating hay when they were eating hay before? Any suggestions? Also I should mention that her chin gets wet when she eats some particular types of lettuce. But that has been going on for many years.Thank you.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:43 pm

I'd take the cartons out. Maybe that will make her eat the hay. Either will keep her teeth ground down, but the cartons have no nutritional value.

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:14 pm

HI all, it has been a while - almost a year since Zoe's issues began. I have been able to stabilize her. Lately, last 4 days some labored breathing in the am and runny nose/eyes. Just came back from the vet and we did full body x rays. I will forward the x rays for second opinion if you don't mind. He ruled out respiratory. He thinks might be allergies and prescribed an anti-histamine to take in liquid form. Any experience with anti-histamines on pigs? Any side effects? Thanks much. Lena

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:40 pm

Not sure I can help with any diagnosis but I am happy to add your xrays. Her abdomen seems quite lopsided, perhaps gas. I am using the "hide" feature because I left them the big size, though cropped.
[SHOW]
[SHOW]
[SHOW]
[SHOW]

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:12 pm

Thank you so much. Appreciate it. Yes, the vet said it's gas. I am giving her olive oil drops for that. do you have experience with any pigs taking anti-histamines? Any side effects I should be looking for?

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:21 pm

Hello all, we have a new issue. Zoe stopped eating and is slobbering a lot. Took her to her regular exotic vet who put her under general anesthesia and found swollen lymph nodes in the neck and a small mass - mass is not hard and not soft - not fluid, something in the middle. He a good sample and we will get results in a few days. Meanwhile she is on baytril in case this is an infection. Also, critical care. She has issues swallowing.

Does anyone have experience with that topic? What are the different diagnosis and what should I expect? Thank you. Lena

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:45 pm

Generally stopping eating and slobbering are tooth issues but may not be the problem for her. I don't have any good advice for you but hope this is treatable.

Ultrasounds can help identify internal tumors if they are involved.

Svilena55

Post   » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:32 am

Thank you, he put her under and inspected everything very carefully, it is now the teeth, but there is that soft mass under her chin and I’m waiting on results from the sample he took. She is going down though which is very unfortunate. I got her through two other conditions and extended her life my whole year but I think unfortunately the end is near. Trying to keep her as comfortable as possible. Thanks for the help though

Svilena55

Post   » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:57 am

One more question, if you don’t mind. Do you have any experience with giving a little bit of CBD oil for pain?

PiggyFlamingo

Post   » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi Svilena55,

I started 2 of my boys on Canna Pet Advanced Max CBD Oil about a month ago after our vet suggested we try it when nothing else was working. We didn't know where to start on dosing as there is very little info on it. We started with 1 drop, 1x a day which didn't do anything and finally figured out that 0.20mL 2x/day for my 2 sickly boys helped. I have one on it that had a mysterious illness that none of our 3 exotics vets could figure out after having every test under the moon done with normal results, the other one has had eye removal surgery (rescue piggy that was a severe neglect case) and a pretty bad foot wound. In both cases it has helped with the pain/discomfort and more importantly, stimulated the appetite of my one that would not eat or drink on his own.

They both weigh between 1025g-1090g and it took approximately 2-3 days on the correct dosage before we saw improvement. Our vets have been following their progress and have been very happy with how CBD has helped them. In a way, they have become the 'guinea pigs' for CBD usage lol.

Hope this information helps, I highly recommend speaking to your vet about it.