URGENT-CA-PHS Shelter (Bay Area)

Teresa

Post   » Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:35 pm

Just got a phone call. 6 more guinea pigs, young mom and babies. One small baby PEW with maloclusion. Sounds like a lethal. They will put it down within 24 hours if no one steps up to adopt it.

The rest need homes, too. I really don´t think I can take anymore. They WILL BE EUTHANIZED in the not too distant future.

They are apparently very cute abbies.

Well, I just called one of our famous, respected, local breeders to see if she has any room at the inn. If she doesn´t, I´m going to start calling every damn breeder I can find in the area. I think that is going to be my new approach.

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:06 am

T, I think that is a great idea. Maybe it will make them think twice about adding to the pig population.

Are there other local rescues? Are they full? No one will blame you for not taking anymore. You are making a huge difference.

Are all the babies lethals, or just the one? Will they euthanize the others just because they can´t find homes? Don´t they keep them for awhile?

Teresa

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:08 am

We got a fair amount of activity on the CG post: http://www.caviesgalore.com/forums/show ... post145543

Now I need to get transport arranged to Colorado very quickly.

pigpal

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:24 am

Everyone´s full in our area KK. We just built two new C&C cages for the pigs at this shelter, they were ousted from their old accommodations by kittens, kittens, and more kittens. Both cages are FULL already, with no room to build more. Still they keep showing up on the doorstep.

KarasKavies

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:35 am

Within the next year I want to do foster sitting for you, Teresa. I hope to get my health better and I will have both boys in school for the first time in 8 years! I really want to help. I wish I could do more now. I´m sure there will always be pigs in need. It makes me so sad/mad and every other emotion!

Teresa

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:37 am

Well, when you are ready, that will be wonderful. Maybe when you are ready to foster, I´ll be ready to manage fosters.

KarasKavies

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:40 am

You don´t have to manage me. Give me the pigs, post the pictures and let me know when someone is interested and I´ll bring them up.

Teresa

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:57 am

You crack me up.

KarasKavies

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:05 am

You too, me!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:45 am

I rather liked the picture of Teresa in a management position. No slaggards, for her! I´m sure she´ll expect full reports etc. etc.

I wonder if she´s one of those managers who strike fear into the souls of her minions?

Teresa

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:20 am

Yup. That´s why I´m not in management anymore.

KarasKavies

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:12 pm

I foster sat for her before with no fear! I don´t want to ruin her reputation, but she is actually quite nice! LOL