piggy noise

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:04 pm

Dam it. The only help I can get is from my vet and they don't open till 9 hours from now. I am really starting to believe he is in so much pain he don't want to do anything.

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:10 pm

Omg he walked foward but then just stopped. Had to get him back into the semi warm blanket.

He can be saved. He just needs pain meds and all I have is for oral

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:33 pm

I can 100% say he is in a good amount of pain. He just sprinted out of his sheets. I took him and after a while. he pooped but trying to sprint on the pad I had on my lap.
I need a good pain reliever name so I can start calling. I can't sit here and watch this

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:46 pm

You should be aware that pain medication can, and probably will, slow down his gut even more. It's a very delicate balance to give him enough to manage his pain but not make his GI problems worse. I'd see if I couldn't find an emergency exotic vet rather than just giving him something you can manage to buy.

Also, I don't know of an over-the-counter pain medication that is appropriate for guinea pigs. You'd have to find a vet to prescribe something.

sozansound2

Post   » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:00 am

Yea I was calling places.

Sadly my handsome brown bear has passed away at 11:47pm. The pain was too much for him and caused too much stress on him that his heart couldn't keep up. I was too much in my feels to realize that he would be in a bunch of pain when she mentioned the meds probably wore off when I went to pick him up.

Even doe my resources were limited due to the bladder stone worsening at a fast timing, I did everything I could and was able to find the perfect vet locations from around here to give him the best care possible.

I will miss my big bubba very dearly. His explosive popcorns and his high vocalizations to his loud rumble struts. He was the boss. Just thinking about it puts a smile in my face.

I do have one apology towards him and it is I am so so so sorry you had to go out like that in so much pain embraced by me to make sure you don't run off and hurt yourself. Who can blame anyone. It must of been so horrible and I am truly sorry Buuurrriiittooo! Only he would know that emphasize towards his name :) I love you so much and will never forget you. Rest in peace my sweet sweet baby prince.
Last edited by sozansound2 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

sozansound2

Post   » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:03 am

I just wanted to relive his pain so he has a chance to let me hand feed him. Then I can introduce probiotics and essential foods for him which should help him. That was my goal at that time.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:06 am

I'm so sorry that you lost him. You did all that you could, and so did the vet. Stones are terrible.

sozansound2

Post   » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:54 am

Yea I know. He got the best case scenario when removing the stone but the lack of vet resources due to closing time for them was what ultimately had the biggest impact.

He was a bonded pair with the female. Due to the spending and driving around, i don't know if I feel comfortable being able to take care of 2 pigs at once. Definitely can take care of her no problem and if the stones never happened, I could of taken care of both babys no problem as well.

I need to keep an eye out on her. She needs x ray so i can rule out that she doesn't have some kind of stone. They did have the same diet after all. Recently Is when I adjusted how much pellets i would give. I assume the pellets was what had the most salt in their diet. Also able to adjust their weight by the amount I would give them.

So far she is doing good. I let her grieve but I think today will be the burial for him. I just needed to think.

Yes I know pigs are social animals, that it is cruel to just have 1, they can get depressed as well and they may never be the same unless another pig is introduced. My problem is how much money I put aside for their everyday care aka veggies and money for other things and the emergency fund for vet visits or need meds ext...

Then add that I do go to school as well so I balance that out. She is always curious what my hands are doing and it is more of a technical pig. She would access situations and sometimes, a big scardy cat. God I hope she pulls through. I would never give her up unless her health is at risk. That is the only time I would consider it. I would never be selfish and kill her due to me.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:40 am

I am so very sorry you lost him. Because this was not a major surgery, I had high hopes he would pull through. You have all our sympathy.

You might want to read over https://www.guinealynx.info/alone.html

sozansound2

Post   » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:42 am

Thank you. I just did everything there as I was preparing my lil baby in a hay bed with a baggie of veggies, carrots, pellets, and his new favorite food, critical care incase he gets hungry on the way to piglandia. Then covered with fresh hay blanket.

And yes especially how she managed to get rid of the stone. Best case scenario. Just bad timing as everything was closed exept far away aninal hospitals. He wouldn't have made it. Better to be here at home with the people, and piggy, who loves him dearly.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:31 pm

I'm so sorry you lost him.

sozansound2

Post   » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:39 pm

Thank you bpatters