Pigs and Chinchillas??

Foster

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:46 pm

Thanks Megan!
Both the pigs and chins do have same species buddies so we will see if they enjoy each other´s company at playtime.

Chuffeythegp

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:08 pm

well i´m SORRY!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:42 pm

Hey, Megan, did you get the new chin wheels yet?

Megan

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:04 pm

RavenShade,
No I didn´t get them. I just got done buying new chins, and i´m saving up for one more..then I´m getting each cage a wheel :) .

Evangeline

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 8:40 pm

Chuffey, you´re an idiot and need to shut up.

Animal Lover

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:27 pm

How are chinchillas as pets, I think they are adorable, and would love one!

Megan

Post   » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:55 am

E- that´s what I like about you. You just come out and say things!

Animal lover- I think chinchilla´s make great pets, for the right owners. They do need a lot of time, are very active, are up during the night, and are very expensive for the fist inital costs. That´s about the only downside(if you can call it a down side) to having a chinchilla. If you want more info on them I suggest either http://www.kritter-korner.org or http://www.chins-n-quills.com Both are VERY good forums that deal with chinchilla´s.

BizyLizy

Post   » Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:42 am

I think my chin would prefer not to share his abode with the guinea pigs ... they might take over his dust bath or eat all of his pellets or something equally as tragic.

Animal Lover

Post   » Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:45 am

Thanks Megan

pinta

Post   » Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:00 am

I think Chins also live to about 20 years so they require a real commitment in time. There are quite a few in rescues from people who fell short of that commitment.

Malocclusion is a problem with Chins too.

Animal Lover

Post   » Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:07 am

Unfortunately that does happen alot with alot of pets!

Megan

Post   » Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:33 am

Pinta is right. They can live well up past 20 years, so you need to be ready for a LONG commitment, not like a guinea pig who has a shorter life. And it´s not right to have the animal for 10 years or so, and then suddenly find out that you can´t keep it. They´ve already bonded with you, and sadly, people aren´t going to want the 10yr olds! and yes, Malocclusion is a big problem with chinchilla´s.