OMG! IT´S YOU GUYS!

Kat

Post   » Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:12 am

Hey CAT, LynnK and genosen! Thanks for the welcome!
genosen: Nothing´s happened to me;) My time was just diverted by study and the like, it´s a drag, really, but I have no choice if I don´t want to end up as a dole bludger;). In future, I´ll have to organise my time so I still have time for posting! I´ve really missed being able to read everyone´s posts! There´s so much cavy knowledge on, well, it used to be cavies galore, now I guess I´ll have to say on Guinea Lynx, seeing this is where all the knowledgable people are now! The piggies are all great, Cadbury, unfortunately seems to be suffering a little from getting older, nothing drastic, just being a middle-aged piggy; not as young as he used to be;), the girls are fine though, still up to all their tricks, Fudge still thinks she´s four weeks old, the little psycho pig;). What´s up with you? With all of you actually, any news??? Have I missed something dramatic in the guinea pig world (besides the caviesgalore issue...)???
Last edited by Kat on Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

lisam

Post   » Fri Jan 25, 2002 10:36 am

Okay, so what is a dole bludger?

pigpal

Post   » Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:16 pm

It sounds like someone who doesn´t have a job, but exists on welfare payments or "the dole"!!

We have all these Aussies and not one´s called Sheila?

mon

Post   » Fri Jan 25, 2002 7:45 pm

Yep you got it in one pigpal! Dole bludgers don´t have jobs (and usually don´t want them) and live off government payments.

And I don´t even know anyone called Sheila!!!!
Last edited by mon on Fri Jan 25, 2002 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pigpal

Post   » Fri Jan 25, 2002 7:55 pm

How about Bruce?

mon

Post   » Fri Jan 25, 2002 7:57 pm

No I don´t know any Bruces either!!!

cea2001

Post   » Fri Jan 25, 2002 9:27 pm

I know a Bruce (he works in a local bank). Guess what his last name is?

Bruce Wong!

Kat

Post   » Sun Jan 27, 2002 3:22 am

Oh, goodness, I´m sorry, I use these terms without even thinking beforehand.
I don´t know any Sheilas or Bruces!!! That´s a good one cea2001;), just proves that Australia IS a multicultural country;)

Louise

Post   » Fri Feb 01, 2002 5:34 am

What about Rolf? Do you know Rolf? We love Rolf?
" Sunariiisse - Can you tell what it is yet..?"

Still got the bouncey sheep I sent you?

good to see you

mon

Post   » Fri Feb 01, 2002 6:26 am

We don´t talk about Rolf!

pigpal

Post   » Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:56 pm

Rolf´s getting old! I saw a photo of him recently and his hair is nearly white. Still got those same specs though.

I never liked him after that song about tying down kangaroos. I´m glad not all you Aussies go around tying down kangaroos and stuffing jumbucks into tuckerbags!

Kat

Post   » Sat Feb 02, 2002 12:43 am

Hey, who told you we don´t!?
I find it absolutely amazing that some people have absolutely no idea what or where Australia is. With some people, you could tell them almost anything, no matter how far fetched it is, and they´d beleive you. Around the time of the olympics, a travel agent published, on their website (or maybe it was SOCOG, I can´t remember) a list of ridiculous questions (well, ridiculous to Australians) about Australia. One of my favourites was:
Q. Can I catch a plane to Perth and then walk to Sydney, following the railway line?
A. Yes, if you had started about six months ago

Lou, is it possible YOU sent me those bouncy sheep!? The ones that bounced accross the computer screen? I had some awhile ago, but could never remember who sent them to me...