Broken back, thoughts on dealing with broken bones

Louise

Post   » Wed Jan 30, 2002 11:02 am

A vet came to see my horse on saturday [shes thrown a splint] that surgery also believe in homeopathy and she recommended Rosemary for another, young horse - apparently it can have a calming effect. May be useful for keeping piggy unstressed?

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Jan 30, 2002 9:12 pm

There go the magic potions again. *sigh* Should we call you Hermione, now?

Louise

Post   » Fri Feb 01, 2002 8:40 am

are you taking the michael?

Even if it doesn´t work - it causes no harm to try - surely anything is worth investigating.

Cara

Post   » Sat Feb 09, 2002 10:24 am

Happy was to the vet last evening. Vet took his splint off and let him walk around to see how´d e´d do. He walked about 6 inches and laid down! She took more xrays and doesn´t see any significant healing. She said it will take at least 8 weeks but probably 12 to completely heal. He´s not wearing the splint anymore. It didn´t rub any sore spots but it rubbed hair from his front and hind legs where the straps went. He´s not to have floor time yet and still to be on towels. We´re to go back in two weeks for more xrays. Just thought I´d share an update. He is off the Critical care though. He weighed in at 3.3lbs. He could actually stand to lose some weight, he was too fat around the middle. Vet said it would be less stress on his back too.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Feb 09, 2002 11:25 am

Glad he is hanging in there! Thanks for the update, I was wondering how he was doing.