Skinny Pigs?

Ciaytee
Almost Inbred

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:25 pm

Eh. Makes life more interesting.

bats

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:48 pm

I think baldwins are totally hairless... and come from a different genetic line.

From left to right: Angel, Heart, and baby Gretchen. We're babysitting this week.

MommyofGus

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:53 pm

Aww, look at Gretchen! She's a cutie!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:55 pm

I think they're cute. Love all those pics -- and the baby pics make them look so terribly vulnerable.

butterflyturtles

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:58 pm

Tri-colored hairless pig is so cute. But the pinky ones look like someone is playing a joke. They are still cute but they do seem to be missing something. Are they smooth or prickily?

bats

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:07 am

Smooth, very warm to the touch, and somewhat rubbery. Kind of like a scrotum.

critterluv02

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:16 am

Bats, you have such a way with words!

It has been a very long time since I did any reading on skinnies, but I do believe Bats is on to the right idea with one breed having hair on its points and the other breed being completely bald. I don't remember which is which either.

GoldenI

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:35 am

I guess this should be a thought that pops in a furry pig's mind looking at the skinnies: "You guys are naked!"

That tri-colored piggie is really cute.

butterflyturtles

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:25 am

scrotum, hee hee

Opps forgot i am an adult.

Evangeline

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:06 pm

Yes, Skinnies and Balwin have different genetics.

It's too bad I live in North Pole. I'd love a Skinny.

bats

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:22 pm

Well it's been 6 days since Angel started living with the 3 sows... and he has plenty of scratches and nips to prove it. But except for occasional fussing and fleeing every few hours, it's beginning to work. Babe's still a bitch but Piglet's starting to accept him.

I got really sick of using towels and blankets underneath their cage. With all 4 pigs roaming on the ground and hanging out there most of the day, it was getting to be too much. I'm not a big fan of dumping towels and washing them every day. So now we have a coroplast/carefresh area below the main cage where the pigs can piss and scatter hay to their hearts' content.

White carpets and pigs don't mix.

bats

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:30 pm

Every house should have a finished basement.