Skinny Pigs?

savycavy_

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:41 pm

Ok they are cute in their own *special* way. Jack Frost is quite the goofy looking guy, and willis is sweet. I must say that the pics did make me laugh, but maybe thats not a bad thing. Still, I'm going to stick to my harry wads of fluf (aby mixes), but to each there own.

Brianna
Forum Fan Club

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:57 pm

Looking back at those old pics makes me realize how grown up those pigs are now.

Ciaytee
Almost Inbred

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:18 pm

Isn't there a difference between a skinny and a Baldwin? Something like one is naturally occurring while the other is a result of lab breeding? Or am I just creating my own special reality again?

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:23 pm

I haven't heard that but I think it's funny you create your own special reality.

Ciaytee
Almost Inbred

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:25 pm

Eh. Makes life more interesting.

bats

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:48 pm

I think baldwins are totally hairless... and come from a different genetic line.

From left to right: Angel, Heart, and baby Gretchen. We're babysitting this week.

MommyofGus

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:53 pm

Aww, look at Gretchen! She's a cutie!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:55 pm

I think they're cute. Love all those pics -- and the baby pics make them look so terribly vulnerable.

butterflyturtles

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:58 pm

Tri-colored hairless pig is so cute. But the pinky ones look like someone is playing a joke. They are still cute but they do seem to be missing something. Are they smooth or prickily?

bats

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:07 am

Smooth, very warm to the touch, and somewhat rubbery. Kind of like a scrotum.

critterluv02

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:16 am

Bats, you have such a way with words!

It has been a very long time since I did any reading on skinnies, but I do believe Bats is on to the right idea with one breed having hair on its points and the other breed being completely bald. I don't remember which is which either.

GoldenI

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:35 am

I guess this should be a thought that pops in a furry pig's mind looking at the skinnies: "You guys are naked!"

That tri-colored piggie is really cute.

butterflyturtles

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:25 am

scrotum, hee hee

Opps forgot i am an adult.

Evangeline

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:06 pm

Yes, Skinnies and Balwin have different genetics.

It's too bad I live in North Pole. I'd love a Skinny.

bats

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:22 pm

Well it's been 6 days since Angel started living with the 3 sows... and he has plenty of scratches and nips to prove it. But except for occasional fussing and fleeing every few hours, it's beginning to work. Babe's still a bitch but Piglet's starting to accept him.

I got really sick of using towels and blankets underneath their cage. With all 4 pigs roaming on the ground and hanging out there most of the day, it was getting to be too much. I'm not a big fan of dumping towels and washing them every day. So now we have a coroplast/carefresh area below the main cage where the pigs can piss and scatter hay to their hearts' content.

White carpets and pigs don't mix.

bats

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:30 pm

Every house should have a finished basement.

-JC-
I gave AGAIN, dammit!

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:35 pm

Your cage is beautiful! Glad the pigs are settling down, too.

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:12 pm

Ha!

Now you need to have Jim design and build an elegant wood box for that to go in. I'm sure the straight coroplast is secretly (or not so secretly?) driving your design sensibilities right up a wall.

bats

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:34 pm

You're right. How'd you know?

This was a rush job because I couldn't stand another day of washing towels. We've been babysitting 7 other pigs on top of our 4.

I needed some relief from the daily cleaning so Saturday we went down to Teresa's and begged her to sell us some coroplast to contain the little buggers and their mess.

With 4 pigs, 22 square feet, a base of woodstove pellets and a topping of carefresh, I figure this little puppy should last a week between cleanings.

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:11 pm

That's the cutest cage I've ever seen.

Love the picture of Gretchen. She's getting big. I think Panda is her dad (as well as Wallie's). See:

Panda

Wallie

46 posts