Belle's eye >> red growth thing

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:27 pm

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... cherry+eye

This is the discussion I was referring to in my email, Swannie.

The reference stuff was mostly on the last page.

"....This information can be confirmed by using A Colour Atlas of Anatomy of Small Laboratory Animals, Volume 1: Rabbit and Guinea Pig by Popesko, Rajtova, and Hurak (Saunders is the publisher)....."

gpperson
Carpe Cavies

Post   » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:45 am

AMC is a very good hospital. Very busy but careful with gp's.
Dr. Quesenbury is on staff there. Good luck with Belle!

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:18 pm

AMC is good, and expensive! $136 for the office visit and $106 for rechecks. Eeek! But I know they are the best. I made an appt. for her to see Dr. Pilny on Thursday. If her eye miraculously goes back to normal by Wednesday, then cool. If not, I will report back after the vet visit.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:23 pm

Have Belle's eyes improved at all?

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:30 pm

The red bulging thing (whatever it may be) didn't seem as pronounced to me yesterday or this morning, but it's still definitely there. I'll try and get some pics when I get home from work tonight.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:07 am

Swannie, how is Belle? Did you take her to see that vet in NYC?

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:45 pm

TTT

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:02 pm

Whoops! Didn't see this one earlier. Yes, schlepped her to AMCNY and the vet and eye dr. both said it was a prolapsed gland, and while there's no way to pinpoint a cause, that it should resolve itself on its own. And indeed, $150+ later (including cab fare), that's just what's happening! It's almost back to normal. I'll try to post pics later, but invariably, the camera batteries will be dead (I always forget to plug them in to recharge).

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:14 pm

Well, at least she's alright! Glad to hear it. O:)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:26 pm

The important thing is she's getting better. And hopefully the next person this happens to (it sounds unusual), we will have our very own expert to show them the light.

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:00 am

I posted these last night, but they must have been eaten up by the server stuff:

Belle's eye last night...

vs. two weeks ago:

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:10 am

Thanks for reposting. I remember seeing those pics and am peeved they dropped so many posts. Grrrrr.