Misadventures of Max (and others)

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:53 pm

How cute and bad! He looks like he's ready to throw hair on three different people as you take the picture.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:26 pm

He reminds so much of Snowflake -- despite her dark eyes.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:38 pm

Is Snowflake an evil bloodsucking pig, too?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:53 pm

She does tend to chew on me. I bear a red pinch mark on my arm from her last frantic "get me outta here". Does that count?

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:10 pm

Maybe a vampire in training. Even Jules has been kind enough not to go for the jugular, although kid fingers are fair game (you'd think they'd learn...)

pigbert

Post   » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:01 pm

they'll all cram into a pigloo until they realize they're ALL in the pigloo

isn't that the truth? even funnier
when there isn't an inch of spare
space in the pigloo after they cram
in. hehehe...so funny.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:26 am

It's hysterical when they realize where they are and the pigloo starts jumping in their frenzy to get out - all at once.

Neal has started to behave himself. We are quickly coming up on his 1 yr anniversary with us. Jules still wheeks if Neal even looks at him cross-eyed, but Steve laid the smack down and Neal gave up.

Neal doesn't like people much (something Elmyra can't understand) but he's a good pig. All 3 lbs 4 oz of him. I miss his popcorning, though.

My husband continues to try to bond with them and spoil them. Steve doesn't care as long as someone brings food.

Elmyra was the one who finally saw Neal chirping (the rest of us had only heard it) and she was beyond thrilled.

It's all going according to my nefarious plan...MWAHAHAH!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:22 pm

Sad Update

Sadly, today my precious Stephen van Gogh crossed the bridge. He was everyone's favorite pig. My "pig ambassador". I remember that crisp November day when I picked him up, to be friends with Max. Now they can hang out together again.

Steve was nearly 7 years old, by my best guess. He lived a long life. He was addicted to critter treats he probably shouldn't have gotten. I think this was the first morning he didn't greet me at the door to the cage, begging for something special. He and Jules were my bookends. I wish I'd gotten a picture of them standing together, begging.

He was a very special pig. He will be very very missed.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:44 pm

Ravenshade, I'm so sorry. I have loved reading stories of your trio. It sounds like he had a good long life with you. Take care.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:40 pm

Pictures of the Pigs

Mr. RS says he's being strong for me, but he's sad, too. Steve was his favorite.

Mr. also said that if the lilacs don't survive the deer this winter, we'll plant more.

I knew I married him for a reason. He's a good man, and a good friend.

Elmyra made a cross to mark the grave and stood with me while Mr. filled it in. She's a good kid, too.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:48 pm

Beautiful Steve. I finally figured out what your avatar is.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:54 pm

I am so sorry RavenShade, you are a very good slave, and told wonderful stories.
Do take care...
momo