URGENT-CA-PHS Shelter (Bay Area)

Ciaytee
Almost Inbred

Post   » Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:12 pm

Oh Pinta, you were going to hell long before you made that comment.

But since you´re going anyway, might as well enjoy the ride along the way.

lisam

Post   » Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:28 pm

Pinta, I like your swirling mass idea. After all, shouldn´t God be able to assume any shape he/she wants?

When I make statements like that, my husband asks me to move away, so he doesn´t get hit by the lightning bolt.

pigpal

Post   » Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:29 pm

A higher power is something mystical and unexplainable to me You mean like math?

Replacing the image of a aging white male in a long robes, clutching a Palm Pilot (very corporate boardroom), I now have an image of Pinta spinning deliriously downward in a vortex of energy, while examining Ken carefully for telltale signs.

gpperson
Carpe Cavies

Post   » Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:42 pm

Did you all notice how the "new" posters seem to have disappeared?

Isn´t it strange that these posters are unable to have a civil debate of differing viewpoints and have vanished upon causing a situation in which others start to misinterpret previous posts?

Teresa - Great job! (As well as all of the other volunteers)

I will make a general statement that - most of the GuineaLynx regulars are truly caring and concerned for the well being of their gp companions
I have read many well reasoned posts. I think it is a shame that the welfare of gp´s is not the primary concern of ALL breeders. It seems that it is easier to fail the animal than to change the system. This is my opinion and I have only my limited experience to go on.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:38 pm

"I have personally encountered self-professed Christians holding this opinion. I have NOT met any Hindus, Buddhists, or followers of other religions with similar views. That´s not to say they don´t exist, just that I´ve not encountered them."

Well then, that would explain your saying Christians. That makes sense to me now.

"To be fair to KM, I DID only mention Christians in my post and I can see why she may have thought I was only criticizing one particular faith."

That was my ONLY critisism of your post, Pigpal. Thank you so much for seeing that.

I always cringe at the bombing of abortion clinics, and the abuse that goes on in the Christian faith, and the fallout that will result regarding "Christians" because of it. THESE NUTS ARE NOT CHRISTIANS. They are religious fanatics who are usually delusional. In each religious faction, there will be splinter groups and fanatics that will, in the end, not even resemble the religion they claim to profess.

Just as Christians denounce the abortion clinic bombing, and slayings, and the abuse of women and children, and the abuse of children by the Catholic pedophiles, the Muslims I´m sure denounce the terrorists, and the Jews denounce alot of the activities against the Palestinians. Each religious organization has it´s share of lunatics.

I´m sorry for my part of any misunderstandings. I always tried to be a really good and responsible breeder, and a good portion of the breeders I know are the same way. There are some terrible breeders out there, just as there are terrible pet owners and terrible rescuers that wind up being collectors, or are not truly in it for the animals.

Speaking of which, there is a guy next door to my daughter and son-in-law that calls himself a cat rescue. Although, he has over 40 cats, none are neutered or spayed, multiple litters result every single month, most of them have eye infections or skin infections, they are constatnly hungry and fighting, and in the past 4 months 3 have been killed in the street. Each time my daughter calls to complain to the Humane Society, she gets told that he is a "rescue" and so he is given more latitude. Also, each time they come out to inspect him, he tells them that the cat in question with an infection, pregnant, etc. is not his but just a "neighborhood" cat. Weird, huh?

But I think, like gpperson, that most of the people on this board WANT to do the very best for their pigs.

Piggiddy

Post   » Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:58 pm

Hey Pigpal! No critism coming to anyone here! I think Teresa works very hard. I have only 21 pigs in my house and can only begin to encompass having 60! I think everyone is entitled to their opinion. The only thing I have a problem with is the fact that pigs are thought of as disposable pets, and that is truly bull. Just like with any other pet they should be treated as part of the family and with just as much respect! I commend everyone that puts forth the effort to save an animal. Teresa you have talked to me! Duh! It is the same story! I don´t understand why anyone should feel or take the chance of an animal being homeless or thrown away in any shape or form. Please ya´ll, get a grip! It takes all of us. Not just one! I personally have 11 of Teresa´s pigs in my home and wouldn´t have it any other way. I get the chance to make a difference in these piggies lives, as little as it may seem some of the time. But it is a difference. I think breeders and rescuers should be able to come to grips and fight together for their rights!
They deserve it! And so do all that are involved!

Sorry guys! I hope I didn´t offend anyond, but I have been sitting back reading this, and it is really getting old. We should all agree that the animals rights should be taken into context here!

Piggiddy

Post   » Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:00 pm

Oh! Also Pigpal, I am gonna send ya´ll some pics of some very adorable babies that I wouldn´t have it wasn´t for the rescue work that has been done! Moon, Watermelon, and Tigers-Eye!

Maineland

Post   » Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:11 am

OMG Have any of you guys seen this?

Man faces charges in guinea pig dissection
By Andrea Cavanaugh, acavanaugh@insidevc.com
August 28, 2002

[edited -- Lynx]

pinta

Post   » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:55 am

Maineland - so what was the point of posting this here? What does it have to do with this thread? Maybe it´s just me but I don´t see what purpose this post serves except for shock value. Generally a warning and an URL is attached to this sort of post so that overly sensitive people won´t inadvertently stumble on it and will have the option of not clicking the URL. In fact, without permission from the author - this could be considered copyright infringement.

OMG The guy was mentally ill and strung out on drugs. So what?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:36 am

I rather agree with you. Think I should edit out the copied parts? I don´t want people stumbling on it either. Rather upsetting.

lisam

Post   » Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:14 pm

Tell me about it. My son was standing behind me when it came up. I couldn´t hit the back button fast enough, and we had to have a talk about it.

imanut4u

Post   » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:18 pm

I also received notice via email
Last edited by imanut4u on Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.