Veterinarian and Veterinary Dentist Recommendations

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:07 am

CALIFORNIA-- Long Beach

Dr Ridgeway
3816 E. Anaheim St.
Long Beach, CA 90804
(562) 434-9966

He is OCCH's primary vet. He has helped us thru a lot and he really is one of the most competent cavy vets in SoCal.

LynnK

Post   » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:03 pm

MINNESOTA
Blaine
I highly reccomend this Doctor he saw my Chewie, he had a horrible infection in his eye that this Doctor did a great job of treating and he was so very gentle and kind with my boy!

Lynn K and Sensational Seven

Midwest Veterinary Specialty Group, PLLC

Dr. Robert D. Larocca, DVM
11859 Aberdeen Street NE
Blaine, MN 55449

(763)754-5000
Fax(763)754-6002

Wilber

Post   » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:22 pm

PENNSYLVANIA
Philadelphia

Dr. Brett J. Geffen
Boulevard Animal Hospital
1913 Grant Avenue Philadelphia, PA
215-969-1050

Very friendly, helpful, enthusiastic, and educated doctors and staff. Very knowledgable with pigs and exotics. Helped Piggy when she had a cyst. Highly recommended!

ottosmom

Post   » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:14 am

CALIFORNIA
Sacramento Area

Madison Avenue Veterinary Clinic, Inc.
Dr. Marianne Brick, Dr. Richard Slevin
8520 Madison Ave.
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
(916) 961-1541

They speciliaze in exotics. Very cavy-knowledgeable vets, friendly and easy to talk with. If you have a concern, you can call the office and speak with the vet directly. The office staff is great too. You can always get a same-day appointment if needed. They sell Oxbow products and Carefresh. They treat local Petco exotics.
They also treat ferrets, chinchillas, rats, mice, hamsters, gerbils, prairie dogs, hedgehogs, sugar gliders, birds (exotic and poultry), reptiles, amphibians, rabbits, dogs and cats.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:45 am

MISSOURI - Kansas City area

Belton Animal Clinic
511 Main Street
Belton, Mo. 64012
(816) 331-3120

Teresa Bradley, DVM

I found Teresa at http://www.weecritters.com/vetscorner.html and couldn't be more pleased.
All (?)animals are seen at this clinic with different Dr.'s, T.Bradely is the Exotics to I refure here.
Only the basic exams have been needed so far with the exception of a neutering which lazer neutering/spaying is available, and I was glad to have gone that way as I have seen dogs suffer weeks with traditional stitches I didn't want that with my precious piggy. The lazer neutering was cleaner, easy to care for (I was going on Teresa's word that has 4 piggies herself) and less painful.
Her 'rates' are fair although higher then some I've seen posted but I'd rater pay a fair price and know my 'family' are taken very well care of.
Another note - Teresa Bradely is also known and said to be one of the best in her field and is commonly called upon by other vet/Doctors. I found this reasurring personally.

Merrill

Post   » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:25 pm

Virginia-Metropolitan DC Area

Name: Scott J. Stahl, DVM, DABVP
Address: 111-A Center St., South
Vienna, VA 22180
City: Vienna
Phone Number: 703-281-3750

Personal experience:

He treats only exotics, no dogs or cats. I have never had him preform surgery on my guinea pig, but he put Ruthie under Anesthesia to have her teeth trimmed and did a fabulous job of trimming her teeth and taking care of her.

The technicians are wonderful and extremely nice, as well as knowledgable. The building is very clean and they sell Oxbow Products, such as Cavy Cuisine & Timothy Hay.

He also proscribed some wonderful medicines that worked extremely well, including Baytril and Mechlyzine (I don't think I spelled that correctly) to help with Ruthie's head tilt and ear infection.

He has done a fabulous job treating her and she is getting better and better every day. He is also extremely friendly as well as knowledgable about cavies and has treated several. So I highly reccomend him :)

angelshelper81

Post   » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:29 pm

NEW JERSEY - South
Atlantic City Area

Dr Newkirk

http://www.alternativevet.com/home/index.html

He's passable, treats all kinds of animals and seems to know what he's doing. I trust him, though I trust the medical advice here more. There usualy isn't a problem, though, since his advice has always matched except when he thought that Dave 'couldn't' have a heart issue because of his age.

pig mom

Post   » Fri May 07, 2004 4:45 pm

VIRGINIA - Metropolitan DC Area

Name: David A. Crum, DVM
Address: 111-A Center St., South
City: Vienna, VA 22180

Phone Number: 703-281-3750
www.seavs.com

I agree with Merrill--Dr. Crum is terrific! He trimmed Teddy's teeth several times and is very knowledgeable. He's even familiar with the Chin-Sling. When Teddy died recently, Dr. Crum called me and sent a nice condolence card.

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Fri May 07, 2004 5:00 pm

NEBRASKA -- Omaha

Dr. Rasmussen
Dr. Osterholm

I like Dr. Osterholm better, but that is more a personality thing than any other reason.

The Pet Clinic
2509 So. 140th Circle
Omaha, NE 68144

(402) 330-3097

Tricia

Post   » Mon May 10, 2004 1:03 am

NEW JERSEY
Advanced Care Small and Exotic Veterinary Hospital
Dr. Barry Stuart
1991 Rt. 22 West
Bound Brook, NJ 08805

Everytime I go to his office, there are lots of small animals - ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, mice, rats, birds and dogs. I've mostly seen rabits, ferrets and guinea pigs in his office.
A woman I work with has brought all her small animals and has had many procedures done with good results including removing an ovarian cyst the size of a golf ball from her guinea pig.
My piggies just had ovarian cysts removed by him and are doing well.
He is excellent with small animals.
His office also sells Oxbow products.

chii
I Love Lucy

Post   » Tue May 25, 2004 9:27 am

NORTH CAROLINA

Avian & Exotic
6300 Creedmoor Rd
Raleigh, NC 27612
(919) 844-9166

These guys really know what they're doing. Dr. Eckermann-Ross is the person to talk to about piggies, but they deal with all sorts of exotics. (There was a monkey there who OD-ed on some of his human's antidepressants when I was there...) They took really good care of Elliot and got him back on his feet in no time. They're also a local carrier of Oxbow products. (On a random side note- if you're closer to Chapel Hill/Durham, you can get Oxbow products at Animal Kingdom in Timberlyne Shopping Center in Chapel Hill.)

GP Slave
The check's in the mail....

Post   » Wed May 26, 2004 7:42 pm

MISSOURI
Florissant/ St. Louis

Howdershell Animal Clinic
440 Howdershell Road
Florrissant, Mo. 63031
( 314) 838-3575

Dr. William B. Wright.

Dr. Wright has been our Vet for the past 16 years.
He's seen our Birds, Dogs, and Guinea Pigs. We absolutely love him! He's always very kind and gentle and takes his time with our " kids".
His daughter is studying to become a Vet, with a special interest in Guinea Pigs!!