Crusty nipples -- whitish deposit

lisam

Post   » Tue Feb 05, 2002 5:16 pm

Amidala had her stitches taken out today. Actually, I should say stitch, because she had taken out the others on her own. I was going to take this one out, but it kind of pulled, and I chickened out.

Besides pulling out the stitches, she did kind of gnaw on the incision a little the day after the spay, but it scabbed right over and I had no problems with it bleeding or becoming infected. I kept her on towels until today, and she now is back into her cage with her old cage mate. She actually seems to have settled down somewhat already--no more trying to mount her friend constantly.

Good luck tomorrow!

lisam

Post   » Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:16 pm

Lynx, how did it go today?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:39 pm

She made it out of surgery okay and is now at home. Not eating much at all. I´m going to be feeding her pretty soon. I had them give her a pain killer after the surgery but I think she is still hurting. Oh, and she had ovarian cysts. Big ones, I´m told. The vet let me take some pics -- I haven´t looked at them yet -- don´t know if they will be apropriate to post on here or not but will put up the one I took of her cyst next to a dime.

imanut4u

Post   » Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:06 am

You are a crazy ol woman aren´t you? Move Doctor, I want a picture of that!

Glad Snowflake is home and I hope she feels like her ol´ self again soon.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:42 am

She ate more of her tomato overnight -- still didn´t touch the strawberry (I´m thinking of eating it myself), some grass. Grinding teeth in the morning. Peed and pooed some. I won´t be happy until she is acting like her own self and wolfing down food. I´ll keep providing her with fresh grass.

I´ll have to take a look at the pics to see how they turned out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They did turn out pretty well. Here´s a reduced size pic of her cystic ovary. Maybe Josephine is familiar with exactly how big they ought to be. I´m not quite sure what to do with the rest of them -- don´t want to scare anyone. It was pretty disconserting to see her laid out. Of course, I´d brought my camera so I did take some pics. They might illustrate clean surgical technique.

Last edited by Lynx on Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jill

Post   » Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:24 am

You´d think Snowflake couldn´t help but feel better after having that thing removed. Of course, having such an attentive slave will help too. I hope she perks up even more very soon.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:28 am

It looks like a mutant tomato.

I´m not sure how big they should be in a gp, but that seems pretty large for such a small critter.

Hope she bounces back soon.

my2piggies

Post   » Thu Feb 07, 2002 6:14 pm

I´m glad to hear she´s home okay, I hope she starts to feel better soon.

Evangeline

Post   » Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:38 pm

*sigh*

I might be dealing with the same thing, here. I knew I should have shut the hell up, last weekend, when I said it was nice to have no vet bill for the last few weeks. Remind me to whack myself across the head next time i say something like that.

lisam

Post   » Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:45 pm

I think it is interesting how many sows just here on the board have this problem. I bet lots of the poor girls go undiagnosed until the end.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:54 am

One of the things I am wondering about is if anyone else has had their sow spayed for ovarian cysts. And if so, how they acted. So I´m wondering if the constant pmsy behavior is typical for this kind of problem.

Sonia

Post   » Fri Feb 08, 2002 10:45 am

Lynx...Tizzy is okay, but now I have to think, while she is in good health, would it be better to have her spayed, just in case. What do you think ??? I was talking to mum last night and apart from anything, we both expressed concerns that, what if, she didn´t make it through the anesthetic, and seemed perfectly healthy when she went in. Sorry, I know you have enough to deal with at the moment with your little girl, but that picure did make me wonder about the pros and cons of having Tizzy done whilst shes healthy.

Peace, Love, and Happiness, Always
Sonia
Last edited by Sonia on Fri Feb 08, 2002 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.