Need an online source to buy syringes for my habit

Teresa

Post   » Mon May 24, 2004 3:13 pm

Pig medication habit, that is.

I want to buy a hundred (or two dependingon price) of the 1 cc syringes. ONLY the model pictured on the bottom below.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'd also like to get some of the smaller .3 or whatever they are syringes and some curved tip syringes.

I'm out.

leebee

Post   » Mon May 24, 2004 3:21 pm

I buy the bottom ones at Valley Vet

Cal Vet Supply has the curved tip syringes.

Not sure about the smaller size.

Red Blur
Chocolate Giver

Post   » Mon May 24, 2004 3:24 pm

You can also ask a local pharmacist if there are any diabetic supply stores around you. That's where I get mine. It's essentially a pharmacy dedicated to serving diabetics.

Duh. I'm having a brain fart kinda day. I just saw the thread title said "Online." Oops.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Mon May 24, 2004 3:38 pm

try checking with a local clinic to see if they will order you some. I know two people who do that. sometimes it can even be cheaper.

Evangeline

Post   » Mon May 24, 2004 3:46 pm

I buy syringes from ny local human pharmacy without any problem.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon May 24, 2004 4:09 pm

IMHO only Baxa's are the best (with apologies to Lynx, her pictures are the greatest):

http://www.baxa.com/Products/Default.asp?
ID=1&Item=10&ProductGroup=1271&ProductGroupName=
Exacta-Med®%20Oral%20Dispensers,%20Pharmacy
%20Pack&GroupDetail=Yes

I broke the link up to not screw up the post and thread.

Call their customer service people; they are exceptionally helpful and work with small animal rescuers, frantic parents of small children, etc. all the time.

Teresa

Post   » Mon May 24, 2004 4:22 pm

I looked on Valley Vet and couldn't find them. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks much. No time or patience for shopping locally. My local drug store doesn't have the ones I want.

Hey Leah, you're going to drop from shock next time you come over and see my newly organized Cavy Spirit pharmacy. Finally. But, it's amazing how few things I have left once I chucked most of the dead and significantly expired drugs. Need to restock on some basics, too. Oh and I restocked the little empty bottles. They are underneath that area. Feel free to take some for yourself.

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Mon May 24, 2004 5:37 pm

I'm with Talishan, the Baxa syringes are great, and they sell 0.5 cc versions.

I have them bookmarked!

Exacta-Med

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Mon May 24, 2004 7:05 pm

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Mon May 24, 2004 7:09 pm

I really like www.calvetsupply.com I have some of their curved tip syringes and the tips are nice, long, and narrow - great to get into pesky little holes for flushing. I also have 2 of the huge 60cc feeding syringes, haven't had to use them yet, but they look like the sized tip and the size of the syringe will come in handy for either the pigs or sick foster kittens.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Tue May 25, 2004 12:15 am

I usually go with www.revivalanimal.com

You can get Monoject (another high-quality brand) 1cc syringes without needles (for feeding and such) for 15.30/box of 100. !cc syringes with 25 G x 5/8" needles are 18.95/100.

Monoject curved tips are 27.00/box of 50 (12 cc only size).
35 cc syringes are what I use for fluids (since I only give that much at a time). 21.00 for 30.
60 cc syringes are 20.00 for 20.

Do you mean 3/10cc insulin syringes? Do they have needles attached that don't come off?

Teresa

Post   » Tue May 25, 2004 12:23 am

No needles. They were just like a smaller version of the 1cc ones I like.